New Sengled Bulb Driver

Agree with everything @rickyturner stated above.

In order for this to work, however, you probably have to have your Hubitat Hub on a UPS. Otherwise, the bulbs will come back online before the hub comes back online, thereby most likely missing the zigbee packets from the bulbs.

3 Likes

Yes that does help. I had been thinking along the same lines of rules that somehow monitor for an on that I haven't initiated. I just initially hoped that maybe the driver could detect the difference between a digital ON and a physical ON as some of them can, with a physical ON only when the device is switched on by a power toggle. But it treats both events exactly the same as far as I can see,

Yes, I do now. My thoughts at the moment are to use a single bulb as a canary test for all my Sengleds. I have one that is for motion lighting except at night. So if I that one ever comes on at night it can only be after a power outage and if that happens I can turn all the others off.

1 Like

Good tip, thanks for weighing in.

1 Like

I have Sengled Smart LED bulbs and not sure which driver i'm supposed to use. They were found fine via the discovery but none of the Sengled Drivers seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I just got a great deal on the Sengled Smart LED (tunable whites) $31 for 4, from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Sengled-Compatible-Assistant-2700K-6500K-Technology/dp/B087FYTHDG/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?crid=28ZVH0LYT1ITF&dchild=1&keywords=sengled+smart+led+tunable&qid=1600453253&sprefix=sengler+smart+led+tunable%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-11-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQzlRWDgxUjk0TDE2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzE0MDc1MTdWN0sxS1o1WElDUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTYwMjU1MlhXTjdEMUJXNzZZVCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= I really like these bulbs but right now they have limited functionality in a Hubitat environment due to no real Hubitat Driver specifically designed for them. I did find however that using The Sengled Element Classic driver that Hubitat has, will allow you to get the white color that you want. Once you get that color set you can change to the Generic Zigbee Bulb Driver to handle the dimming side of the bulb. I don't typically change the white color of the bulbs once set so it really becomes a dimming and on/off function the common control that I need. Would be nice however to get a driver in the future.

Did you try this driver? It works for other tunable white Zigbee bulbs that I have.

Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)

I only have color Sengleds -- which do work great with the built in drivers, which leads me to believe the Sengled implementation is likely pretty standard.

The problem with this driver and the Sengled Element Plus driver is that the level command from the configuration screen does not work. Either driver can set the white temperature setting. The dash board bulb button tabs do allow adjustment. I'm assuming that if you can't adjust the temperature setting via the config, you probably can't make changes via the rules. Right now if I want to adjust the level of the bulb I have to use the sliding tab on the bulb button on the dashboard.

Are you saying that i the dimmer slider works on the dashboard with the "CT" driver? If that is the case but it doesn't seem to be working correctly on the device config page then the input data to that command seems suspect.

What numbers are you using on the config page? What does the current value for level say in that page after you try to change it? What does the current value for level say after you change it with the slider?

Using the Generic CT driver when I slide the adjustment the bulb in the current state area of the device page reflects what the switch shows on the dashboard. However putting a value in the config area does not affect the bulb. It usually goes back to a blank state with a red line under the field where I type in the value. I've got 4 bulbs and they all seem to work the same way.

That's very interesting.

Just to make sure I understand completely: you put a value in Level* and then click the Set Level button and then the value disappears with no change to the bulb? Do the other buttons on the device config page work, like clicking On or Off? Does anything show up in the Logs page while you're doing those operations (be sure to open Logs in a separate tab first).

What web browser are you using? As a sanity check, I'd try a different browser to check for any change in behavior.

Ah, my error. I wasn't clicking the set level button. I was just saving the preferences. Rookie mistake. I went back to the Sengled Element Plus Driver and tried it there. Works just fine. This was my first go around with adjustable temperature bulbs. Thanks for your help. I'll switch the drivers on the other bulbs and monitor. It looks like you've given me the help and answers I needed.

2 Likes

I have totally made that same mistake before. Good to know that I'm not the only one. :wink:

With that functionality confirmed in the device page you should definitely be good to go in Rule Machine and other apps.

Well I've added my 4 new bulbs into my lighting schemes and it seems that it is handling the rules just fine. I really like these bulbs. I've got a feeling that Sengled may be closing them out? They are listed at $15.99 each on Sengled's page and with the deal I got on Amazon for the 4 pack it was only $31.00 after a 20% price reduction coupon.

The price definitely got my attention when you shared the link. I'm kind of skittish about the clear lens on the bulb. Would it look ok in a sort of exposed spot, like an overhead light? How is the quality and harshness of the light?

Well I've got a mixture of lamps some of which have two sockets in them. As I have been dabbling around coming from a Wink 2 environment I have a mixture of Cree bulbs and Sylvania Smart bulbs in my family room. I got the Sengled bulbs to try to match the bulb temperatures of the various lamps that use multiple bulbs, but only had one smart bulb in each. Under shades the Sengled bulbs look and match the temperatures and brightness off the Sylvania and Cree bulbs which is good. They are all table lamps with shades or in two of my lamps have Tifiney shades. However if the lamp say is tall and you sit below the lamp, the exposed LED's of the Sengled bulbs are much more harsh on the eyes. So with shades where the eye is looking down on the lamp or at the same level of the shade that is encapsulating the bulb, the lights are great. But if they would be exposed where you were sitting lower than the shade the harshness of those LED's in the clear housing, may not be as comfortable on the eyes.

1 Like