New Iris V1 device support

Just scored 10 used working motion sensors for $45.

Waiting on these to arrive. It’s more then I need but I may double up in areas of the house.... I’ll group them...

Yes. It’s not supported yet... BUT everyone is doing an AWESOME job on the platform upgrade support!!! :slight_smile:

When the next update is ready will I need to unpair, and then repair to obtain missing features?

No, nothing for you to do, it will start reporting power after the update.

Didn't know if you guys have had a comment on when the V1 contact sensors encounter a very negative temperature reading:

[dev:886]Freezer2sensor temperature is 7379.15°F

The sensors actually work inside a deep freezer, been using them for years. Sorry I don't remember how IRIS fixed it way back.

1 Like

I purchased a second hub solely for the OSRAM lamps and strips. I am running into issues with the RGBW lamps and strips. The strips are on the secong hub (link to Hub - slave) and the master (Hub Link) will not adjust color. It reports that it changed the color, but the lamps / strips do not change. I am seeing "errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: hue for class: java.lang.String (setColor)" in the logs on the slave hub. The strips are using the generic RGBW driver. Is this something i am not doing correctly, or is there an issue with the OSRAM strips / lamps? I can adjust the white color temp, but no color change. I can also dim, and switch on / off.

This is a bug, we'll look into it.

I will say kudos and thanks to Hubitat for stepping up and making the IRIS v1 sensors work!

I also have two IRIS v1 sensors in fridge\freezers that I'm having the same issue with the temperature being incorrectly reported as 7379.35.

1 Like

I performed the update for my hub yesterday, The V1 smart plug still does not show the power usage. I even tried to change it from switch to multi sensor. Also one of my iris 1st gen contact sensors is reading negative for its battery power.

In 2.0.9

??? You can't change these drivers, there are no other drivers that will work with these devices.

Factory Reset and join it again.

Any plans on the V1 keypad or should I toss it?

2 Likes

Happy to see power now reporting on the V1 Plugs, BUT (sorry) I remember the power level having more resolution, down to the tenths of watts. I have some IRIS cameras that occasionally drop offline and when they do the power level drops about .3 watts. I would like to use this to trigger a power cycle on the plug they are plugged into. Thanks for the great product!

1 Like

Nope power is integer watts, no decimal place. This value is straight off the device, no transformation or math required.

I got some awesome cameras. Only using 1 watt. I’ll switch one to a V2 plug when I get home and see what is reads.

I added a second hub, moved all OSRAM products to it, and now the v1 buttons are working, a little flakey at times. They can be fast to respond and then extremely slow. If a light doesn’t turn on and the button is pressed again, the light will go on and then off, as if the commands were sent sequentially at the same time. The v1 motion sensors are not pairing correctly, I get at least 2 different devices found, both motion sensors, but only one shows up in devices, and it doesn’t seem to work, no status at all. I have not gotten brave enough to try contact sensors yet. I appreciate the advice to get the second hub, you were spot on with lamps.

I don't have the proof but my crappy memory thinks there were at least tenths of watts. Anywho, the power readings are significantly off. When my camera is plugged into a V2 plug it reads 3.6 watts and I believe it. When plugged into a V1 plug it toggles between 0 and 1 watt. It's dark in the area so the IR lights are on too. That old IRIS camera camera is operating on less than a watt, I don't believe it.

So has 2.0.9 been released, or is it still in beta?
I have been waiting for the wattage output for my v1 plugs.

I'm pretty sure the V1 plugs read watts in whole numbers (integers) too. When I was playing around with the Hive Hub python code I could only get power to report in whole numbers.

Pretty sure you're thinking the HA plugs like the V2 SmartPlug which do read in tenths of a watt. Keep in mind, somewhere out there I found a spec that lists the accuracy of the V2 plugs at 5% so they're not exactly meant for scientific applications. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mike.maxwell - I wanted to let you know what I have discovered, i was trying to use the v1 devices on channel 20 and they just were not working right at all - issues with pairing such as 2 to 3 devices listed for a single motion when pairing, as well as slow responses from switches or no reporting or configuration of sensors. I have since switched to channel 25 and they all came to life, working perfectly (so far). Buttons are very quick, motion paired easily and is reporting. I wanted to pass this along in case someone else is having issues.

1 Like

Still in Beta, I believe.