New inovelli switches stuck on initializing C7 Hub

I'm trying to get the S2 driver fixes out today. The "built-in" drivers provided by Hubitat are working right?

2 Likes

@ericm Thank you! Yes, the built-in S2 drivers work, but the Inovelli drivers don't work when a switch is connected with S2 auth

1 Like

Ok, good, glad that you have a work around for now. We are working on the drivers still and will let you know when they are available.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Anyone have any tricks for the LZW31-SN? I'm down to my last switch to pair, and for the life of me I can't even get this one to pop up on the device screen. It's running 1.47 BETA, and I've excluded and factory reset about 100 times. I've paired others successfully, and I repaired the problematic one with Smartthings and a Z-Wave stick, but I can't get Hubitat to see it most times. Sometimes it gives me the security selector, but then never gives me the 'initializing' screen

I faced something similar with a LZW30. This is what I did

1. I air gapped the switch
  2. Zwave exclude within hubitat
  3. factory reset it from the switch config button (hold down 20 secs until red light)
  4. Rebooted the hub
  5. Zwave exclude again
  6. Zwave include, then the initializing screen showed up

Had the same problems with GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Switch. It was a pain. :neutral_face:

My issue at this point is with inovelli devices only the red series dimmer and the 2 channel outlet picking up zooz driver with 5 channels.
Zooz and ge devices had zero issues.
Zigbee pairing was flawless.

Seeing some unknown nodes on my C7. Are these ghost nodes? They don't show up under devices list. I suppose they are remnants of inclusion issues I was having with LZW30 switches. What would happen if I hit remove on them? Will they become even more of a ghost node O_O

I ran multiple zwave repairs but they aren't going away

@mraz.camren Yes they both seem to be ghost nodes. Go ahead and try removing the one with remove option. I was not able to remove those ghost nodes and ended up doing a factory reset from http://hupipaddress:8081

For the time being inovelli pairing is broken , sorta hence i moved over to use my extra zooz devices.
I read in a post ericm is working with hubitat to get inovelli situation resolved.

1 Like

Will the remove option remove them from the Zwave network? Or they still linger with the Hubitat's database in a hidden state?

@mraz.camren

1 Like

Could you not have reset the Z-Wave Radio instead?

I could’ve but starting fresh seemed fair to me than having to reset again. Given that i am only 2 weeks into Hubitat platform.

2 Likes

Type = driver. Anyway YES it worked when I changed it to a iNovelli Smart Switch S2 Thanks!

Its probably a device that didn't finish initializing. The hard part may be finding out what device it is.

You can try reboot first and click on discover and see if they update. I've fixed a few this way.

Otherwise, look at the device above and below and it may give you an idea as to when it was added to help you narrow it down.

Once found, try doing an exclude on the device and hopefully it should clear it up and you can add it back. (May need a few reboots too when doing this).

The drivers in out Github repository now should be working with the C-7 and S2 security.

5 Likes

Thank you Eric! How do we go about updating the current inovelli drivers? Just delete the old ones and add the new ones? I am guessing once we have the drivers loaded, I have to exclude and run the inclusion again to get the s2 to work.

You are amazing! Your hard work is much appreciated.

1 Like

You can just copy and replace the driver that is currently there. Or you can click on the import button. Or, if you use Hubitat Package Manager you can just do an update.

There really isn't that much of a difference between the updated driver and the one that wouldn't work on the C-7.

If the device was included as S2 then you don't need to exclude it. Switching between the built in driver and the Inovelli driver shouldn't give you any issues. When you switch to ours you probably want to check that all of the preferences are how you want them and then hit "Save Preferences".

3 Likes