New inovelli switches stuck on initializing C7 Hub

Have you tried to factory reset the hub? Because I have and I'm not able to, no matter how I enter the MAC address it tells me invalid password

Also did not work for me. I could not exclude so I did another Z-Wave Radio Reset followed by a reboot on the hub, and another factory reset on the switch. After that I was able to get the switch to enter the inclusion process again and I unchecked all the security class boxes, but I'm back stuck on "Initializing" with the same log lines.

I am afraid to hit the z-wave radio reset or repair as I do not know exactly what they do.

Repair is used to repair or heal the Zwave mesh.

Reset will wipe out any Zwave device on the hub, so like starting from factory new.

Neither option is probably what you want. Hopefully Brian (bcopeland) can get you guys fixed up quickly.

1 Like

quick update... Moved the hub closer to the front door switch, and was able to pair it.

Had to uncheck all the boxes, it then prompted for the 5 digits of the DSK, but they were already filled in (which was odd). I then clicked OK and it asked me to name it.

Still have 4 more switches that need to be paired (which includes the trouble child which I took a pic of earlier).

This is normal currently.

1 Like

another update. moved it closer to another switch... and it failed

2020-07-27 05:15:51.132 pm warnZ-Wave Secure Inclusion failed, the device needs to be excluded then included again.

A little information about the switches giving me trouble, they are ALL dimmers.

The 2 switches that I have been able to pair, are just on/off switches.

not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, just wanted to throw it out there.

That is interesting. The first one I was able to pair (did not uncheck the boxes), had me type in the 5 digits.

With any devices on a c7, you're going to want to use the stock drivers to start off with.
If the device is s2, you can also scan in the qr code using the mobile app.
Initially it's probably best to leave the security grants alone, meaning don't change them.

Well then.. I am having more success with unchecking the security than keeping them checked.

1 Like

Would like you to try something.. Try and do a complete shutdown.. Go to settings and shutdown hub.. Wait until you see the red light.. Then pull the plug and then re-power.. Then try to pair again..

Don’t shutdown if you got it working..

Then go that route, not much point to securing a switch in my opinion anyway.

3 Likes

I have been shutting it down to move the hub all over the house..closer to the switches.

I have been able to get 4 of the 6 switches paired.

The first one I had trouble with (pic up above), I was finally able to get it to show me the DSK, but then it never gave me the opportunity to name it. Excluded it and tried it again, and it didn't give me the DSK.

I will keep trying.

Which model is that?.. I have a bunch of inovelli’s .. I’d like to do some testing

@ericm just tagging as an FYI, not sure if updating the inovelli drivers to support S2 pairing on Hubitat was on your radar at all.

LZW31-SN Red Series Dimmer Switch

Yep.. I have a few of those.. Starting testing

Up to this point, I have successfully paired 4 devices. 2 of them are LZW31-SN and 1 is LZW30 and the other is LZW30-SN.

The ones I cannot get to work are as follows:
LZW31-SN (see above pic) (Red Series Dimmer Switch) ... CLOSEST to the hub, well..where the hub will eventually be and originally was when I started all of this.
LZW31 (Black Series Dimmer Switch)

First I deleted the LZW31-SN driver from Inovelli, then I did another full cycle of Z-Wave Radio Reset, cold restart of the hub, and factory reset on the switch. Left the 3 boxes checked. Same problem.