New in hubitat but sure old doubts [Zigbee Network Config MOD]

First of all, hello to the entire community. I have just entered the Hubitat world and I have already had time to read many messages and to verify that it is a very active and cooperative community. THANK YOU in advance and sorry if this is not the place for the question.

I have a thousand doubts, but the one that now haunts my head is the following:
I want to have the zigbee network well configured and for this I have read "How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh"
Now I would like you to know how to know which devices I have are repeaters and which are not. It is clear to me that the bulbs and those that work with batteries do not, but I do not know if the RGB regulators or the "Shelly type" switches but with a zigbee system are, or the plugs ...

That leads me to the following: Do you know if there is any way to see graphically or with drawings the zigbee network at home? Do you know if there is any software (for Mac) or app for iphone)
Thank you again

1 Like

This shows you your routing table.
It shows what is repeating and what it is repeating.

your hub ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

3 Likes

Most all Zigbee bulbs are repeaters, with the noted exception of Sengled Zigbee bulbs. Sengled bulbs are designed to not be repeaters, which allows them to safely be turned off via a wall switch or lamp switch without negatively impacting your Zigbee home automation mesh network.

Note - other Zigbee bulbs are often poor Zigbee repeaters when used with Zigbee HA devices, like contact and motion sensors.

3 Likes

Thank you, I explained myself wrong. I wanted to say that zigbee bulbs are not reliable to act as zigbee repeaters ... I know they are unstable from cutting off the power.
Thanks for the quickness.

Where do i put this (your hub ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo)? in the browser?
Thanks for the quick answer and I feel my clumsiness

Open up a browser window and put it in the address bar at the top.
'your hub ip' is the actual address of your HE hub.

e.g. 192.168.0.100/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Yes, it is what I tried in the beginning but it fails.

Try the following url, but change the IP address to you hub.

http://192.168.1.144/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

I think the earlier url is missing the /hub at the beginning.

2 Likes

Yeah. I put it in the original post but missed in the second post.

2 Likes

AHA!!!!!
Now I can read it. Thanks a lot.

Yes, I know, few devices. I am migrating my wifi network to hubitat little by little :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:.
What about the second question? There is no app that beautifully reflects the zigbee network?

The only way I know to see the Zigbee network “graphically” is to use a Xbee device paired to the Zigbee network and connected via USB to your Windows PC. There is a massive thread discussing Xbee in the community.

OK, it seems like something that can give a lot of play and fun to investigate, but too many open fronts right now, I better park it at the bottom of the drawer :grimacing:.
Thank you very much again.

It's my understanding that's only part of the problem.
The other factor is that they have vey poor packet processing, sort of like a lazy mail person, and just randomly toss out data.

3 Likes

The Xbee3 is what you need.
Great for mapping the zigbee network, acting a router device, or as an arrival/presence device.
I have summarized everything to get started and up and running in the first post of that thread.

3 Likes