New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

I think @RichCNJ was gently pointing out that you might want to obscure that tracking number since it reveals your true identity, location, and could tip someone local to you when
there is a brand new C-7 sitting in your mailbox.

2 Likes

TY.....Duh..

I'm not terribly good at reading between the lines.

1 Like

Canadian Orders. I believe it is better to avoid the USPS delivery option. The new NAFTA deal allows for $150 free of duty and taxes for private carriers , Canada post remains only $40 tax free.

Should be better to use DHL even though it costs a little more.

Let me know if I'm wrong on how I'm interpreting the new rules.

Mine has been shipped (to Canada). I'll let you know if I have to pay anything.

I'm hoping to use the new subscription to move my devices over when the hub arrives... I haven't seen any update on the pricing or timeline - I assume the information hasn't been communicated yet?

1 Like

This is from the Canada Border Services Agency website:
Canada has agreed to maintain a de minimis threshold of at least CAD$150.00 for customs duties, and CAD$40.00 for taxes, at the time or point of importation of goods shipped by courier from the United States or Mexico. There are otherwise no changes to Canada’s existing de minimis framework. Accordingly, postal shipments from the U.S. or Mexico, as well as any courier or postal shipments from any other country, will continue to have a customs duty and tax remission threshold value of up to CAD$20.00.

1 Like

I had to pay $40 to DHL for duties coming into Canada.

In my experience, the private shippers will charge you as much as they can for anything coming into Canada - every time... I try to avoid them like the plague! (Or should that be Covid-19 now? :wink: )

2 Likes

I love this service.

Two packages from Scottsdale on the way to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One of the few things useful about USPS. I like getting daily updates on what's coming in the mail :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It's also useful when you have an aging parent living alone.

I imagine they capture the images as it goes through their scanning systems but I'm pleasantly surprised how reliable it is and the price (free) can't be beat.

I should have been more obvious in my jesting. I only knew the emoticon was a see-no-evil monkey because of the name when I posted it.

Good luck with the C-7. Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

My C-4 is operating just fine but I went ahead and purchased the C-7. I'll probably get the C-9, C-12, C-16, C-21, D-30, E-14, G-41... when they come out. :grin:

2 Likes

I know what you mean.
I have a C3 with 2 external 'sticks' that is working fine.
It is slower to reboot and update than my C5 but it is working fine.
I keep looking at the new C7 and thinking 'I really should upgrade' but then I think 'why, the C3 is working just fine'.
I'm really in a quandary here.
I really shouldn't. But then again........................ :thinking:

2 Likes

I had similar thoughts. I have two relatively new C-5s (6-7 month old) and don’t really need a third, but I really adore this company, their staff and product. I want them to be around for the long run, and I can afford to buy a new hub at their price point. So I went ahead and bought one.

I also plan to purchase their subscription, which I usually never do. This is again for the same reason (assuming of course a reasonable price point in Canadian $) + some extra benefits/peace of mind.

1 Like

My motivation to move to the new C-7 is to get on a platform that supports an easier move or restore of my Z-Wave devices. I am not looking forward to moving them (again) but hopeful that this is the last time I have to un-pair and re-pair those devices. At least all the basic lighting stuff is on the Lutron Caseta Pro hubs so those are an easy move.

6 Likes

I managed to talk myself into upgrading......

4 Likes

I also didn’t really need another hub, I just got mine a couple months ago.. But figured it would be nice to able to take advantage of SmartStart and S2 and make use of a zwave keypad that is actually still being sold (the ring keypads). Plus now I’ll have a second hub to move some of the internet based integrations/apps to and keep the C-7 as the main device hub.

Or at least that’s everything I told myself to justify buying the newest toy...

9 Likes

Since 97% of my home automation dollars have gone to other companies yet I look to the fine folks at Hubitat to help keep everything operating, buying the latest hub is a good investment.

8 Likes

Same here. Haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. I'll move over from ST, in time, starting by replacing my remaining ST v1 hub, then later my v2s (3 total). Looking forward to having everything run locally...

5 Likes

OH as of 4:56 am this morning, my hub is in my town!!!! This anticipation is driving me bananas.. I have 2 more devices to move off of "the hub that is to not be named" (aka Wink) and will fully be off of that platform. I also can't wait to see what the HPS is gonna provide at what price point! Way to go Hubitat Staff/crew!! you all rock!! Thanks to the HE crew as well as this bloody community for the new addiction level in home automation!! I swear we need to create a feed on the community for a HE anon group HAHAH!!!

3 Likes