New Hub cant Connect

I just added my 2nd Hubitat hub and I can not connect to the web interface. I keep getting "Site Can't be reached" error. I have restarted the hub several times and after the light turns green I try to connect. No luck.

When I go to portal.hubitat.com the new hub (My New Hub) and its IP show up along side my first hub. I click on the new hub and I end up with the same Can't reach error.
I have tried from two different PC's and two browsers (Chrome and IE). All ways the same error

Help!!!

May want to check to see if the router has assigned a different IP address than what you think it is.

1 Like

I have the router assign a static IP exactly the same way I did with my first hub. In the router this new hub shows up with the IP I assigned. I have now gone as far as shutdown Hub 1 , remove the static IP and rebooted the hub and router. portal.hubitat.com finds the new hub and show the same static IP I assigned at the start. Yes, I can not connect.

@bobbyD posted about a new thing called find.hubitat.com - I haven't used it but you might see if it offers anything different from portal.hubitat.com . . .

1 Like

When I enter the portal.hubitat.com address in the address bar I end up at find.hubitat.com

Just for the sake of argument does it respond on port 8081?

Have you contacted support@hubitat.com ??

My new hub came up but at a cost. My first hub is no longer reachable after I shut it off and back on. This old hub had a static ip of 192.168.1.129 but after a reboot it came up at 192.168.1.65. The new boot finally came up as 192.168.1.149. I have tried to reset hub 1 back to 192.168.1.129 using the static IP option within Hubitat setting but to no avail. This supposedly static ip has been reassigned to "Tizen" I have no idea what this device is. I dont have a samsung device in this house.

Well I got my original hub back at its static IP AND my second hub is online but slow as molasses. There appears to be a conflict but it ceratinly not in the IP address. Hub 1 is back to static while my new hub has a dynamic ip (for now).

Back at it tomorrow. [gasp]... I may even have to contact support :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTw: My new hub is asking me to register. Do I need to create a whole new account or can I use the existing one. I can't seem to find a way to log in to my first account.

Should be able to use the same account to register the second hub.

2 Likes
  • Go to find.hubitat.com
  • Upper right corner, log in to My Account
  • Does it show registered hubs, or find hubs? That should be where you register now???
2 Likes

Thank you. Found it and registered.

1 Like

Last night the new hub was next to unusable as it was super slow. I just shut it down (for the umpteen time) and left it till this AM. Well, without anything I did, after restarting it, my new hub was running fine this morning. I guess it needed a good nights rest.

Did you add any devices to it? I thought it was new. I don't get why it would be slow. Slow doing what?

2 Likes

tizen is a samsung tv.. you need to maybe set a static or dhcp reserv. on that so it doesnt take your ip in the future.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what it seemed like to me because the symptoms seem to match an IP address conflict.

2 Likes

There was literally nothing on there. I installed Dashboard and RM but neither had anything configured to it. Slow response occurred by simply clicking a menu option such as Apps, Settings, etc. One time I would click on settings it would be fine and fast. Next time it seemed "Unreachable" . I tried to add a couple of virtual devices but it was so slow and frustrating I gave up. Then... this AM all is fine. Been working with it all day without any issues. That said..
I do recall my first hub had period in the beginning it was so slow and almost unusable. It had devices on it though.

I would guess you have network issues that have little or nothing to do with your hub.

2 Likes

I have 3 of those and I thought they all had static IP. Must have missed one..

1 Like

samsung tvs are weird and problematic.. i have seen them pulling in more than one ip on boot up which can be a pain.

1 Like