New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

They will typically end up in default room. I sometimes find them in ā€œEntranceā€ which is what I call where my Homebridge lives. Just move them in the Home app. Takes only seconds to do.

Also, no need to restart Homebridge. Just wait a minute or two and they will show up by themselves.

1 Like

It seems my Qubino roller shutter module does not have a position attribute and hence why position feedback does not work. It uses "Level" for some reason.

This kinda goes against the development documentation. Is this true for all windowshades?

Deleted. I figured out my issue.

Is this app, still active?

Not sure what your definition of active is, but yes, you can still use it as is. There hasnā€™t been much development as their hasnā€™t been much new with iOS HomeKit when it comes to what is possible with Hubitat. I think there are still quite a number of users that use it day in and day out, like myself

8 Likes

And me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Been working flawlessly for a month here, linked to a HOOBS Docker container as the Homebridge side.....

1 Like

And me. :+1:

Dan has done (and continues to do) amazing work keeping this plugin running smoothly. There just isn't much to do at the moment, as he noted. HomeKit hasn't had any major changes lately that affect how Hubitat devices could interact with it.

From my perspective, this plugin is at its best right now. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Is it necessary to have ā€œURL to send device events to by POSTā€ setup?

You need that enabled if you want to enable the HSM or the modes feature.

That's great news. I use it too and for the most part it's been flawless.

I have only one issue as above with my qubino roller shutter where the position feedback does not work as it's not a true Hubitat window shade and it uses the level.

On my blind tile in HomeKit I get the spinning wheel.

This is the only sticky wicket I have to resolve and then I can ditch Home Assistant.

Can you post a screenshot of the device attributes once? Maybe I can ā€œseeā€ something based on that

Nevermind I've fixed it. I used a custom driver and modded it to display the position instead of level and fixed the setpostion method to use setlevel.

It's only this particular module. My z-wave curtains using the built in window shade driver works fine.

1 Like

A nice feature request would be to add sensor history so we could see for example the temperature over a time period in the EVE app.

Anyone running IOS 14 beta having issues? I get status updates for switches and lights I just canā€™t turn them on or off. Seems like the command isnā€™t getting to homebridge.

No problem at all with iOS 14 developer beta and homebridge for me at least.

1 Like

Same no issues for me on beta 1 nor beta 2

Man I've been enjoying playing with Homebridge/MakerAPI, but I found a major issue.. My iPad Air 2 that was being groomed to be my hub, for some reason does not see the Homebridge. My new iPad and my iPhone see it without an issue to be able to add it to the Apple Home app, but when it's added that way, the second I leave the house with my devices (excluding the Air) all connections go "POOF!!" lol.. There has to be something wonky on my iPad Air 2, or it's too old to add a Homebridge accessory to it. Anyone else aware of anything strange with the Air 2? And yes, I know my homebridge is working fine, I just needed to vent about my Air lol

What version of iOS is your iPad Air 2 running?

@ogiewon 13.6 on all 3 devices.. After you asked I thought for a second "*#($, did i forget to update the Air??" LOL but I did.. So yea all 3 devices are on the same version..

1 Like