New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

It took two tries but now Homebidge is up and running through Docker on my Synology NAS. I dont use HomeKit that much at all but it's far the best presence device I have tried. All in the family are using iPhones and setting a virtual switch that registrates our in and out of home zone works really well.

Thank you for your work with this and for your good guides and info @dan.t! :beers:

I can definitely reproduce the issue, it is just mind boggling on why.....

does it have to do with how HB is trying to set the color? I know my partcular light can use CT or RGB, but it looks like HB was trying to set Saturation/Hue. I am not sure if there's another way to have to set it.

It is even worse..... I can definitely see that HomeKit is sending a “set CT” to Homebridge even though I am trying to set a “Hue, Sat, Brightness” preset.... I am still digging

Unrelated question, no rush. Is there a way to define which accessory is shown first in a bundled accessory?

I have two Virtual Presence Sensors with Switches and one shows Presence as the default and one shows the switch as the default icon.

One is "Occupancy Detected, Powered On" and one is "Powered On, Occupancy Detected"

Not that I know of, HomeKit always surprises me when it comes to the order on how things are displayed

annoying, I added them back to back too.

I wish I could hide the switch without losing the ability to have Automations to work against it.

I do it the other way around, I hide the presence. I can see when the switch is on that someone is present.

I just hate the idea of someone toggling it... but yeah that would work. I wish Home supported icons.

Hi @dan.t, hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had the out of sync issue again: HE was showing light was off and Home was showing it on. I did a reboot on the HE and when it came back on I tried refreshing the Home app but same issue. Then I rebooted my raspPI (only way I know how to restart Homebridge) and then it correctly synced the light state.

Not sure what is going on still. Just letting you know.

I've noticed that as well; fairly infrequently though. Toggling the light in Home brought it back in line without resorting to a homebridge reboot.

@Ken_Fraleigh, @walksonair,

Can you get me the Homebridge logs and a screenshot of the events for the device that was out of sync?

It's probably been a week since I have noticed it, but if I see it happen again I would be happy to send them. It was just a single dimmer so I figured it was just a fluke, and I hadn't checked my iPad to see if it was correct there.

Yes next time I will...mine is more frequent (couple of times a week) so I should be able to grab it shortly. Nothing to enable beforehand is there? Like special debugging parameters?

If you can, add/change the parameter:

"debug": true

In your config.json in the section for MakerAPI plugin and restart Homebridge once.

@Ken_Fraleigh, @walksonair,
One more question that just jumped to my mind: do you have any buttons exposed via MakerAPI to Homebridge? I remember that I fixed an issue with button events in the hubconnect version that caused a crash of the plugin and that could miss MakerAPI events. I never merged that fix in the makerapi version. Just did that and released a new version

1 Like

Yes, but I only use them as temperature monitors, although I haven't excluded the attribute. I will update. Thanks Dan.

No, not that I know of...and I don't recall seeing Homebridge crashing in the logs.

Completed and here is my config.json just as an fyi ("[deleted]" means I removed these values).

{

"bridge": {
        "name": "Homebridge",
        "username": [deleted],
        "port": [deleted],
        "pin": [deleted]
    },
    "platforms": [{
                "platform": "Hubitat-MakerAPI",
                "name": "Hubitat",
                "app_url": "[deleted]",
                "access_token": "[deleted]",
                "mode_switches": false,
                "hsm": true,
                "communication_test_device": "1187",
                "debug": true,
                "logFile": {
                    "enabled": true,
                    "path": "",
                    "file": "",
                    "compress": true,
                    "keep": 5,
                    "size": "10m"
                },
                "excluded_attributes": {
                     "449": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "450": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "451": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "453": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "897": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "865": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "900": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "929": [
                            "switch"
                     ],
                     "43": [
                           "presence"
                     ]
                }
        }]

}

I will update my code and clear my logs so that we can catch the next sync error more cleanly.

1 Like

Logs and SS sent, please let me know if dropbox link doesnt work out and we can figure out another way. Thank you!

Got em and responded in that PM to you