New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

Modes change perfectly now! Thanks so much for that!

Still going no reponse when in auto mode changing temp. Is there a log I can supply?

Huh? You said you clear the alerts in HSM and it didn’t clear in Home. That is what I fixed....

Yes there is:

1. In Hubitat, go open your MakerAPI Instance
  2. Scroll down to find your "URL to send device events to by POST"alt text
  3. Copy the URL and enter the URL in a new browser window
  4. You will see a view like this, showing you the logging output of the plugin, the ability to download the log-file to your computer, enablign, disabling debug mode and see your current configuration alt text
  5. Click the button "Enable Debug Mode"
  6. Change the thermostat
  7. Click the "Download Log File" button
  8. Send me the downloaded file. I'll PM you an email address that you can send it to.

That is true. I wasn't able to act on triggered alerts at all from Home before, but this time I was able to clear the Home trigger from Home, but still have to clear them in HSM. Not a big deal, I can use a virtual switch to clear it. Just let me know. This is already way beyond what I expected functionality wise and I appreciate your efforts.

I’ll take a look at it and see if I even can cancel those alerts via MakerAPI

1 Like

Hey Ken,

the only way to really cancel the alerts (all alerts) from the Home app is to set the Alarm System to "Off" once the alert happened. You can re-arm the system right away again. All alarms get cleared once you set the system to off. This works for the MakerAPI and the HubConnect plugin

1 Like

Your issue is surprising to me...... I looked at your logfile and I can see that there are messages on the websocket but I don't see any messages about HSM on the websocket.... I might need to add some more logging to the HubConnect plugin to really track that down...

Ok thanks, will await further development. In the meantime I will test some more with both the websocket and http protocol options. Restating, HSM worked fine bi-directionally using MakerAPI.

What driver are you using for the Qubino RGBW Controller?

20%20PM

Thanks. I have a couple of these Qubino RGBW running an old Fibaro Beta driver. I'll try the new driver now. Are you sing the Generic Component Dimmer as a virtual switch? I'm only asking because I'd like to create a virtual switch to control both Qubino controllers so that I may eventually replace 2 tiles with 1 on my dashboard. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think that's just what happens when you click the:

27%20PM

Hubitat has two "models" of RGBW... bulbs and these LED strip controllers.

For an Aeon or Hank RGBW Bulb, there's no separate W channel. For the LED STrip Controller, there is. Mike Maxwell explained it once.. I read it and did an "OOOooooh" as if I got it... but I forget now what his logic was. :slight_smile:

I should've known because the Beta driver did the same thing. Speaking of Beta drivers I just tried the non-beta driver and now I can't control the Qubinos. Talk about 'If it aint broke don't fix it'

Curious about how one is supposed to configure HSM on the hub where the Homebridge-HubConnect client resides.

I’ve configured HSM on the remote Hubitat hub where all my devices reside, the usual Arm-Away stuff using door contacts, motion sensors. Same for Arm-Night.

My Homebridge-HubConnect client is on the server hub, where I have mirrored select devices for dashboards, Alexa, and of course Homebridge.

So I installed HSM on the server hub, with no configuration. I Set the Send/Receive switches on for HSM updates on both clients. The System Events log on both Hubitat hubs shows correctly mirrored HSM state changes.

Is this the correct configuration?

I am going to respond to this over in the HubConnect thread. I would like to keep this thread focused on the MakerAPI version to not confuse other users

just dropping by to see if any update with auto thermostat temp setting?

Sorry, I completely spaced to release the fix.... I’ll do that later when I am near my computer

Many thanks!

Dan, if I'm still on Hubitat ver 2.1.5.124 is it safe to upgrade the Homebridge plug-in to your latest version?

Thanks.