New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

The re-upgrade along with the hub reboot/upgrade to .118 last night seems to have smoothed things out. I will keep an eye on it though.

What exactly does the "Include location POST" setting do? Does it apply if I don't use HSM?

It only applies if you use HSM or have the “mode_switches” flag enable that add the ability to change modes from the Home app.

I can't seem to get it to work. I've installed the Plug-in but I think I'm stuck on the config file part. Is there a specific way as to how it's supposed to be put? I paste it under the Platform heading on top of another Plug-in's config in it (Homebridge UI) and it comes up with a Syntax error. The following is a picture without the config.json settings that MakerAPI should be using. Where should the MakerAPI one go? I'm new to all of this so please excuse my ignorance.
44%20PM|690x301

Here is a example of multiple platforms in Homebridge (homebridge-legacy-plugins/config-sample.json at master ¡ nfarina/homebridge-legacy-plugins ¡ GitHub)

You can also go here to validate your config file.

So I need a little help.

I am a convert from SmartThings, so getting homebridge up and running with the Hubitat-MakerAPI plugin was a snap. I see all of my devices loading and it is seemingly working great. When I use my iPhone to try and connect to the accessory, it can't find the accessory. Thoughts on what I am doing wrong? What info do you need? I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.1 and my iPhone is on 13.2.

Thanks in advance.

Do you see the hub in the Home app?

No. When I try to scan the QR code or use the 8 digit number it doesn't come up either.

What are you running Homebridge on?

My iMac running macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

You said you had it working with Smartthings, did you delete the Smartthings hub from the Home app?

Yes. I removed the whole home and all connections. The app is cleaned out.

If you had Homebridge running before in ST, you probably need to change the QR code number. That’s at the top of the config.json file. It can be any number you want, as long as it is in the same format.

You may have to dump the accessories and persist files too. It will generate new ones and unfortunately you’ll have to setup rooms and automations all over again.

If you don’t own it already, I highly recommend Controller Pro to backup your HomeKit config once you get it setup the way you want.

1 Like

Hold please...trying that now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come on. Come on. I haven’t got all evening! :wink:

1 Like

Remove the accessories and persist files. Changed the QR code number as well. Still the same outcome. Other thoughts?

Try creating a new home in the Home app and see if it will scan the code then

May have to restart Homebridge.

1 Like

Definitely have to

I've killed and restarted home bridge with control-c each attempt. I'll keep doing that.

I'll try a new home now...*queue jeopardy music"

I did see this in the initializing....still referencing SmartThings?

Yes. Your ST plugin has not been uninstalled.