New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

I built my RPI with Homebridge about one month ago and, as a non-programmer, I already forgot most of the the steep learning curve once I got it working perfectly. The command to Install the latest update seems simple enough, but I also actually got PM2 working to auto-start Homebridge when the RPI starts. I never actually learned how to stop PM2 from auto-starting Homebridge to allow me to install a Homebridge update (I presume its good practice to stop Homebridge first before installing the update). But I should know how to start and stop PM2 from auto starting Homebridge anyway.

Can someone kindly tell me the command to stop PM2 from auto starting Homebridge, and remind me of the command to get PM2 to auto start again once I install the update? Thanks!

Can you PM me your config? This way I can see if I can replicate the issue

An what version of Hubitat are you on?

PM sent and I'm on version 2.1.6.118.

Thanks @Vettester

I just released 0.4.1. I think I had an issue in there with concurrent requests to MakerAPI. I did not see this behavior on my three instances but I think it has to do with the number of devices connected via MakerAPI.

Again, should be fixed now.

3 Likes

Everything is working now. Thanks for the quick response and for this awesome interface!

1 Like

Following the Changes along this thread... is there a way yet to expose HSM in HomeKit at all? I am not seeing the ability within the HE app to ‘Include Location Events’ and I am on 2.1.6.118. Also, on Hubitat Plugin 0.4.2

I only see the ability to Post Url.

Yes, HSM is working. You don’t see the option to turn on location events right below the post URL in MakerAPI?

I do see that and that is on. So can I see HSM as a switch or just make an http post?

Ok, one more question: in you Homebridge config file, did you set the entry “hsm” to true?
If so, then you should see a tile called “Alarm System” in the home app that lets you arm/disarm your HSM

@dan.t

Do you use notifications in "Home"? I just updated everything to 13.2 and notice that I no longer get notifications for door locks/garage doors. This worked in 13.1 and older. Statuses update perfectly, I just don't get any notifications on the lock screen/my Apple Watch.

Curious if anyone else has seen this? Seems like it might even be a homebridge and not this specific plugin issue.

Thoughts?

I've had 13.2 on my phone for more than a couple of days and I think I did see that initially. I did go through the iOS Home App looking at all the differences and now it's working. I can see a notification from an hour ago. Maybe I 'clicked done' somehow? I can see that the option for Doors and Locks Notifications is On (while Sensors is off)

I don't remember changing anything, just looking around, but certainly I could have clicked Done vs Back and caused something to reinitialize. I did it days ago so I can't be certain I remember just where I went.

Tried that, a few different ways, nada. I get the notifications on my Mac just fine. I’ll have to keep poking around.

I did enable sensor notifications and got one right away. Seems to only be door locks. Not super urgent just annoying, I liked knowing when doors locked/unlocked.

@dan.t

Also, not sure if just me, but felt hub slow way down on 0.4.2. Went back to 0.3.3 for now. Running latest HE version.

Not really. The only notification I have is for HSM/Alarm system with smoke detectors and I know that this one works as my wife just triggered a smoke alarm the other day. Homebridge and the plugin really have nothing to do with notifications, that is all handled by Apple. All we do is set a status of a tile.

That is very interesting. A few questions in regard to that:

1. How many devices do you have connected via MakerAPI?
  2. When you rolled back, did you only rollback the version or did you also remove the POST url in MakerAPI?

Has anyone else here seen a slowdown with new MakerAPI solution?

I have over 200 devices connected and the new solution seems to be working better.

1 Like

That's unexpected but I take it :smile:

I am on 13.2 and my garage door and front door lock notifications work properly. One thing I did notice is that, when playing around, I tried to set the notifications so that it would only notify when I was not home. That killed the notifications. I suspect the reason is that I have iPads mounted in my house for home automation tied to my account, and I think the iPads caused the entire system to believe I was home, when in fact I was not, and thus no notifications. I believe I need to turn location tracking off on the iPads (no reason for it to be enabled anyway). When I re-enabled notifications to occur all the time regardless if I am home, the notifications started working again. All the settings I am talking about are located in the Home app. Just something to check.

1 Like

Just the plugin - left the post URL, but I’ll try again today. About 40 devices. I couldn’t even get the hub management page to load, it was taking >30 seconds to draw a page.

Ok, if that happens again, can take a screenshot of the homebridge output? That might give me a hind of what is going on