New Caséta fan controller!

In the released version I don't think it does anything. I was just fixing the driver earlier, and it will set the fan to low. It's an artifact of the Fan Control capability, and not applicable to the Caséta Fan Controller.

1 Like

Curious what others have done. Here's what I ended up doing and it works perfectly in testing. Ideally I would not have my ceiling fan on when my furnace is set to heat, however that would require enabling the Ecobee Integration app, and I'm trying to avoid this as it's a suspect in slow hub performance. So instead I'm using @Cobra switch central (now Schedule Switch I think) to restrict when the fan will automatically operate, to only Summer and Fall. When either is active, the private boolean for all of my ceiling fan automation rules are set to true, which is one of the two conditions that must be true for the rule to be true.

I added a 3 minute delay with cancel to the actions for true and false. My reasoning is this added a delay to give the temperature time to stabilize so the fan isn't turning on and off with .1 degree fluctuations. Thank you @bravenel for adding the fan set speed options for the Caséta fan controller. This made the process a whole lot simpler than trial and error to figure out what percentages were needed to set the four different levels. Very nice to simply be able to set the level as it is in the Lutron app.

If these are helpful to anyone, wonderful. If anyone has suggestions to improve on these, or different ideas, I'd love to hear them as well.

Rule to enable only when season is Summer or Autumn

Rules to enable speeds based on room temperature