New C8 keeps crashing/locking up

Seems like Jumbo frames is highly unlikely unless someone else enabled thinking they were being helpful for you.

You never did actually confirm if you can or cannot get to the diagnostic tool when the hub is "down". Because if that still works then there is a whole different path to take.

I don't even see that option anywhere in their settings.

The next crash I will try the diagnostic tool and let you guys know. Thanks

When my hubitat crashed last night, the diagnostic tool didnt work either. Unplugged and plugged back in and everything works again. Super frustrating

@support_team

1 Like

Just to add another data point are you connecting using WiFi or Ethernet? If Ethernet are you also running WiFi?

1 Like

That is not normal. You should create a warranty case if you didn't already:

No. Ethernet only

Can't create a warranty case. The hib is over 90 days old.

Can you go to Settings then Network Setup and make sure the Wi-Fi is disabled.

I don't seenetwork in the settings

Network Setup under Admin Settings section.

Found it. Don't see where to see if wifi is on or off

If you don't have a network listed and the join button is grayed out, then is disabled.

1 Like

Thats what I see. Grayed out

1 Like

Please see my private message.

My C8 hub keeps locking up every day or so where I can't access the web portal. I don't have a ton of devices, fairly straight forward setup. It ran fine for a few months. Connected via cat 6, I can't access the diagnostic tool when it locks up, and need to pull the power to reset. Have tried looking at the logs for high use devices, can't see anything amiss. Tried a few different power supplies, tried installing the rebooter app, made sure jumbo frames is off.... Have done a soft reset, etc. This is very frustrating. Hopefully there is a common issue here that has a solution in the form of a software update.

You might want to follow this link.

If Diagnostic Tool isn't available, that is indicative of network issue. No measure at hub level would resolve the problem (like scheduling reboot, performing Soft Reset) other than fine tuning the network set up. First, make sure the Wi-Fi isn't active. I have seen incidents where having both enabled could cause problems. Other than that, have you set a static IP for your hub? If that's the case make sure you don't have conflicting IP address. Assigning the same IP address to two different clients in the network is the leading cause of network disconnects.