New Aqara Zigbee 3.0 occupancy sensor (FP1) looks interesting

The only ones I found are in Chinese.

I have 2 FP1s that I bought from Aqara via Aliexpress last month and were able to pair and use with my Hubitat C-7. Both worked fine... while they were working. But on Friday one fell off my mesh and on Saturday the other one fell off, too. Now I can't get either of them to reset or pair.

They are under a month old and I'm considering tossing them. I can't find anyway on Aliexpress to put in a claim on them. I'm sure even if I did Aqara would just tell me I need to use their hub.

1 Like

I had 2 of my 9 did that and I think they were the ones that originally didn't want to pair with my C7 hub. They also had problems I thought with interference.
After they fell off this last time I replaced them with new ones in the same locations so far no issues.
I took the old ones and they didn't want to pair to a different C5 hub or my C7 hub.
So I removed the 4 screws on the back of the fp1 (you will need a very small philps screw driver). There is another cover inside that just snaps out. Then the circuit board snaps out (be gentle pry on one side then the other).
Microchips are very small take a picture with your phone and zoom in on the picture look for any bad solder joints.
I took an exacto knife gently scratched between the RS0108 pins to make sure there was no bridging then sprayed contact cleaner on both side of the board waited about 5 minutes then before reassembling I tried pairing them. First one paired immediately to my C7 hub the second one took about thee attempts but it was on the second floor and that C5 hub was in the basement.
Then I reassembled them and put them in their new locations.
So far they are fine. It could be just dumb luck but 2 of them?

If that doesnt work you could unsolder usb power line and get some fine soldering sand and put the circuitboard on the sand in a pan on your oven to reseat the solder joints.

1 Like

Interesting, mine seems to become unresponsive after 15-20 minutes.

Dang I already got rid of mine. Would def like to have tried that... oh well.

E.

I'll 100% take them and pay for shipping before they go to waste. Worst case...I break them more :smiley:

So, I've found a pairing method that reliably worked for four devices with me about 15 ft from the hub.

1. Put HE into pairing mode.
  2. Power up FP1.
  3. Press the button on the back.
  4. Should see it pair. Go through the prompts to name the device and assign to a room.
  5. Wait about 30 seconds (do nothing with the device page/device pairing/nothing).
  6. Put HE back into pairing mode.
  7. Press the button on the back of the FP1 (just a regular press).
  8. Should get the prompt showing a "previously paired device".

At that point, everything should populate for the device over the next 30 seconds or so. This worked flawlessly after having several fits with the first two I added and trying to reset the device holding the button on the back.

2 Likes

That's similar to how they paired for me originally ... and worked for 3 or 4 weeks. Now they don't want to pair at all.

ZigBee stick?

1 Like

Strike my last thought. The brain was in neutral.

Man...if I don't know anything else, I know how that goes.

How does this work out if you never assigned the custom driver?

Anyhow, not sure how useful this sensor really is. I watched the kids while I was sleeping last night and it was toggling every few minutes.

I'll have to play with the settings.

The driver has a fingerprint for the device so if you have the driver installed, it should automatically be assigned.

Which attribute was toggling? I have two of these (and now the four I just added) already in use and they've been spot on.

1 Like

Oh man it must be contagious... my bad!!!

:rofl:

Every single time I delete and re-pair it shows up as 'Device ' Per the instructions, I just do it again without deleting so it has the driver installed during the pairing process.

It's toggling presence and motion. It clearly can't see me. I do have motion set to medium sensitivity though.

Anyone know what the monitoring mode does? Undirected vs left/right.

Something is wrong here, the 'Aqara P1 Motion Sensor' driver should be automatically selected and the device name should be set to "Aqara FP1 Human Presence Detector RTCZCGQ11LM" .

If the driver is not automatically selected during the initial pairing, the FP1 will not work...

Can you post the device fingerprint when the inbuilt 'device' driver is selected? ( click on Get Info button)

Can someone who has these answer this questions: Are these FCC part 15 compliant? Do they have an FCC logo to indicate this?

no I don't believe they are FCC compliant which is why they are not officially available in North America only through third parties.
I didn't see any FCC logo on them.

Which means that those importing them are violating the rules as they must be approved before import.

https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/rfdevice

"An RF device must be approved using the appropriate equipment authorization procedure before it can be marketed, imported, or used in the United States."

Also, see "Intentional Radiators" on the FCC web page.

And see this link also for some interesting mm wave information. https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-divisions/broadband-division/microwave-services/millimeter-wave-708090-ghz-service-0

luckily I am in Communist Canada

2 Likes

You might wish to see the Canadian site.

https://tcfcert.com/ised-canada-certification-guideline-for-radio-and-wireless-equipment/

1 Like