New Aqara Zigbee 3.0 occupancy sensor (FP1) looks interesting

I got farther . Repairing didn't help till i physically removed the device and paired it again

Shows more and recognizes it but motion is not being triggered.

As to your questions. Channel 20 and unfort. Looks like it is routing through something even though it is not anywhere close to that device.

I set it through the device panel to innactive manually and it will not trigger when i walk by it.

Select configure and then try walking by it.
You may have to power cycle it.
If that doesn't work.
If you know what device it is routing through.
Power it down then repair the FP1.

1 Like

Ok will.do but cannot really power it down.it.is a ge zigbee wall switch

Also how can a device work.if it cannot route through another device as its final location is.not near the hub..that makes it kinda unusable.

Sorry it was along time ago but old aqara devices had routing issues.
I would have to search way back iny posts

Not saying the new FP1s do but is a possibility.
It may be the ge xigbee switch causimg the problem not the FP1.

Also when you select configure the power source should change from "dc" to "?" then back to dc once it receives data

FP1 must be paired as close to the hub as possible. After it works OK, you can move it to its final place. It will find a repeat later when moved, but the initial pairing must be direct.

Yes right next to hub. Thanks for your help.

Got it working. Configure did nothing
Uplug and plug in did nothing.

Repairing.it without first removing it where it found an existing device ( this did not work earlier).

Seems to have kicked it in the pants as i got the first temp reading i have seen and it now is sensing movement. Will now need to move it to final position in a room where i have complicated rules to try to keep the lights on when we are in the room, but if sitting still they would turn off. Used a physical switch toggle rule to turn on a virtual switch to signify never to turn off.

Hopefully now i can simplify that with this device.

A finicky device though.

Thanks again

1 Like

Side question... how are people writing rules to keep lights on when someone is in the room
As the normal motion seems to have a long
Timeout and no way to set it in the driver.

I am using Room Lighting with a deactivation timer of 0 (zero) minutes!
This is in my daughter's room, she never complained about the lights turn off unexpectantly.
With the ordinary PIR sensors I had to set the time-out timer 5..10 minutes to work reliably, now with FP1 the lights turn off in about 30 seconds after leaving the room.

The additional PIR sensor is used to quickly turn on the lights when a person enters the room.

The FP1 sensor is aimed toward the bed, it covers also the chair near the computer table - these are the two areas where normally a person can stay still for a long time.

1 Like

Thanks i think i will eventually try that, for now i just added it to the if in my existing rule.

Ie.

It is resetting motion quickly now that i moved it to final location. think in my test location near hub it was reflecting off sliders so never resetting.

mostly in rule machine.

2 Likes

now that i got this working i would like a couple more ..

why are all aqara products on amazon but not this one?

it is a pain waiting a month to get them from china.

1 Like

They may not be certified for North America yet.

2 Likes

Not certified but they are still willing to ship here.

I've had one device "fail" - become non-responsive (not pair etc) but the other two paired and are working fine. I still have one in a box. Am tempted to buy more but will hold off until I see how the others hold up over time.

1 Like

I have had 3 of these for a while now, so far so good although one of them seems to be acting up, sometimes gets stuck on present and never changes.

1 Like

Try moving it to new location atleast 3 feet away from the old location or any electronics.
I had another one of mine do the same but I was dumb and had it sitting on top on my echo stereo speaker.
Moved it 3 feet away and repaired it and it has been fine.

2 Likes

AliExpress has it shipping from US. Seems it needs to work best with PIP motion. If this is the case just use Alexa for presences with pip sensor.

" It is important to use in combination with PIR sensor, because. There is a delay for 2-3 seconds of presence determination. After the definition, it holds very precisely. By PIR sensor"

Principally, you don't need any additional PIR sensors with Aqara FP1. It is activated in less than a second when the initial motion is detected.

However, actually I use additional PIR sensors in combination with FP1. The Aqara presence sensor is aimed toward the place in the room where a person usually stays still for a long period of time, while the PIR motion sensors are aimed at the room entry area or at spots that are not covered by the FP1. The second reason to use the additional PIR sensors is because I already have them.. : )

4 Likes

For those on the fence, Aliexpress is having an "11.11 sale", and these are currently $43.27 at the first link, and $43.12 at the second link, or $43.56 in the following link, all with free shipping.

https://mijiaonline.aliexpress.com/store/1101441185/pages/promotion-20221111.html

Update: there is also an extra "US $3 off every US $30 spent" (maximum discount is $9), making these $40.xx each.

If you buy 4, there is a coupon code "US15" for $15 off a $150 order, making them $37.50 each.

7 Likes

I have 4 Aliexpress links for this, 3 to the seller MIJIA-GLOBAL, and I don't know what's different about them except for small variance in the price.