New Aqara T1-series Zigbee 3.0 devices finally available

You guys don't know the whole story. In fact none of us does, except the parties involved. Remember, you are only seeing one side of the story here.

I would be cautious about taking sides as we don't know why this happened. The ban might have been justified, or maybe not.

At the very least please be civil about this, and don't rehash old information as this thread might get closed if it goes too far off topic.

6 Likes

Wait...what did I miss

Wow... shocking. I spend a lot of time on this forum and didn't even see anything that led up to this.

Ok back on topic.

Still no sign of these T1 devices anywhere.

1 Like

2 Likes

I have been (im)patiently waiting for these over a year now. Every couple of months I do the rounds on sites to check on them. My theory is that they are still trying to unload the previous generation devices before putting the new ones up for sale.. That is my hope at least.

I am looking at the new year with hope. Just waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday to pass seeing the old devices being offered one last time on discount before starting 2021 with T1 :wink:

So they are not available still ? There will be a life saver for us zigbee users

Ok I was able to order from china 6 of the aqara vibration sensors in t1 version, but I still need some of the temp/humidity/pressure sensors and the seller said he was out of stock of the t1 ...

I got the t1 vibration sensors. I am offering one free sample to any Zigbee expert who would like to help me modify the groovy drivers to support this new model's standard Zigbee 3.0 clusters. If that sounds like you, pm me.

Hi,
I have the new AQARA M2 Hub, but I can not find the new temperature sensors WSDCGQ12LM anywhere. Any idea where to buy them? I tried Ali and Ebay but no lock, only older models available.

Hi,
my M2 Hub arrives on this friday. Groovy drivers? Which hub are you using and what does or does not do? I cant test anything, I can't get hands on the new T1 Zigbee 3.0 sensors, nobody sells them near me, nor ebay or ali. Any idea where to buy them and test it? Thx.

You cannot buy them right now. Maybe after chinese new years.

Are you a Tester or something like that? I am just wondering how did you get hands on the new Zigbee 3.0 sensors. Aaah I would like to test the new sensors, but yeap NO luck, I can't get them anywhere. I have the new M2 HUB, but no sensors to test... :sweat_smile:

They were available in china but they're out of stock.
I need an m2 hub to do packet sniffing to continue work on the drivers with john from the ST forum.
I am waiting on my hub.

By the way, I believe you need a China region m2 hub to use these. Or at least it needs to be set to the Chinese server.

My M2 Hub should arrive on friday and it should be european version, so I guess global? I will check it after I receive it. Hmm what a luck I have the Hub, but no sensors. You have the sensors, but no hub :joy:

Can you get the T1 notion sensors easily now ? Do they work direct and well with HE?

The older ones were a pain.

Not that I can find on Aliexpress - admittedly, I haven't looked for a couple months.

1 Like

No.

Can you bind them to a router (not coordinator)? If yes, can you bind it simultaneously to two routers (or to a coordinator and a router)? My dream is to have some redundancy in the network.

I don't understand what you mean. I have my t1 sensors paired with a ZigBee hub. They work with hubitat and SmartThings in addition to the Aqara hubs. You'll need a custom device handler/driver for each sensor you want to use.

No - they will find their own pathway although if they are much further away from the hub they will most likely connect to the nearest router.

Short answer is no for any battery end devices.