[NEW APP] Room Lighting

I'm using this app to control a set of shades and I also created a "Room Lights Activator Shade" device. Everything seems to work fine, except that open and close commands are reversed (i.e. the shades close when I hit open and the other way around). Is there an easy way to fix this (without creating another virtual device and rules to control the activator device) ?

That's odd. What happens when you setPosition to 100 from the device page for the shade? That's what the Activator device does for open command.

What type of shade is this? What driver does it use?

this is what it looks like when a shade is open. These are Smartwings Motor shades. Are you suggesting that the logic is flipped in the driver?

Yeah, the driver is backwards from the standard definition. 100 means open, 0 means closed. Is this a user driver? If so, it's easy to fix it.

This is the code from the standard Z-Wave shade driver:

def open() {
    if (logEnable) log.debug "open()"
    setPosition(99)
}

Z-Wave only supports 0 to 99. If you look at your driver code, you'd see setPosition(0) for open, and setPosition(100) for close (unless Z-Wave, then 99). Just flip those two.

1 Like

I got the driver through HPM and it looks like it's comfing from here:

Hubitat/Packages/Smartwings/SmartWings Zigbee Shades.groovy at main ยท diosadentro/Hubitat ยท GitHub

I'll try to ping the original author before forking my own version.

Actually, I see now that Hubitat has built-in drivers for Smartwings. Nice! I'll switch to that.

2 Likes

I am unsure I understand shades' "activation" and "turning off" logic.

That's what I have right now, and it works perfectly with the "Shades" Actuator as it has open/close:

When I add a button as a means to activate, nothing happens when I press it. I wonder if it's because it's not a normal "on/off" operation? How can I set it up?

The Off column must be checked to put the shades down. When the activator device is used, that overrides the Device table settings. You will need both a Means to Activate and a Means to Turn Off. For shades, "off" means down (Position 0), and "activate" means to set to the position in the table. You should set that Position column to 100, so that Activate means to open the shades, and Turn Off means to put them down.

I added the Off column, and now the button closes the shades but still doesn't open them...

You have to set the Position column to 100. Your table tells them to close for Activation.

Ok, now they open, but do not close :laughing: (as expected, I have to say).

I wonder if there's an issue with the same device/action (Button 2 pushed) being used for both on & off?

Does it work if you actuate via the Activation Device itself?

You can't use the same button for both open and close, at least not with Room Lights and shades.

This could be done with Button Controller or Rule Machine, as it could effectively work as a toggle. If closed then open, else close.

1 Like

It definitely works for lights. Hue wall modules are identified as buttons and work great for lights.

This works:

POsted this in OpenWeatherMap hoping for insight - was suggested I post here instead.

Hi - so I thought recent 'fixes' I made resolved this issue - but it didn't for me after all.
Room Lighting is set with an activation - which errors occasionally. Can anyone shed light?

Here's the room lighting screen:

Something is wrong with that driver for "Tile - AWM - Amity Weather". Show the Current States from the device page.

Can this UX issue be fixed if possible? Still does it on the latest beta.

1 Like

@bravenel I have the same problem, instead of hitting done i just press back. Using Chrome browser on PC.