New Advanced Zigbee Drivers are not working properly

A little, they work fine with sengled

2 Likes

Switched the driver to advanced, changed the name to match, clicked save. Clicked configure after.

Figured it - the bulb has to be ON prior to changing the driver.

It has to have power...it should not need to be on (as in lit up). Mine weren't on when I switched drivers, but they turned on when the driver test was going on.

2 Likes

@BorrisTheCat it shows like this

It's the state variables we need to see at just the bottom left of that shot. That's not the advanced driver though?

Sorry @BorrisTheCat, my mistake.

it doesn't look like its finished testing the lamp? Maybe click save and then configure again and post the logs it outputs.

@BorrisTheCat

Yeah, it's not making it through the check, checkPhase should be 0 when it's done.
What bulb is this?

I found putting the device in a group for some reason helps it complete the test when it gets stuck. Send level and RGB changes though the group device and it often goes though, no idea why. YMMV though as I'm sure that would depend on the lamp or light fitting used.

@mike.maxwell The bulb is like this: LED Downlight ZIGBEE Link Light Rgb+cct WW/CW Led LIGHT Zigbee Downlight Ceiling Light Work With Amazon Ecoh|LED Downlights| - AliExpress

hi @mike.maxwell - just wanted to draw your attention to a related(/parallel?) thread if you hadn't already seen it

Yeah, move it back to the generic, it's obvious that this device isnt responding to everything in a standard way.

That's ZigBee LL, stay away from LL on a HA hub that might work on Philips hue but that's it.

I only buy ZigBee 3.0 lamps, then they should correctly support ZigBee HA1.2.

1 Like

Thanks. I had no idea about this problem with zigbee LL. I will take it into consideration from now on.

1 Like

Mine had to be switched on in order to reach the color flashes from hitting config….

Odd...given the bulbs have power either way (assuming they have been turned off via Hubitat and not via a switch on the lamp or something), kinda makes no sense the behavior would not be consistent...something above my pay grade. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is consistent - regardless of having the HE scan initiated or not, when pulling out the plastic battery isolation strip, the device LED shows pairing mode but the HE only sees it but never moves past ‘initializing’.
Starting the scan on the HE a second time and resetting the sensor - boom, paired right up.

I'm confused, these drivers are designed to work with zigbee bulbs that are not controlled by a wall switch, ie left on as they should be all the time.
I'm not aware of any bulb that runs off of a battery.

2 Likes