Neurio Home Electricity Monitor Integrations

Hello All,

I have had the Neurio home electricity monitor in my power box for 5 years now and was wondering if anyone has integrated this to date. I did not see one post on it here so I am guessing it's a new one :slight_smile:

Thanks Again
Matt

https://www.globaltestsupply.com/product/neurio-w1-hem-home-electricity-monitor

I have a Neurio also. I searched and found nothing. Checked their API and felt I had more important projects with my other sensors. I wish they made a simple xml or Json directly from the device so you could check in your own network instead of with them...

Anyways, knowing someone else is interested maybe I will have to take another look.

Is there a API for it ?

There is. I was just checking their forum also (seems to run the same system as Hubitat's) and discovered mention of a local Json page that may or may not still exist or work. I am not home to check it right now. Here is their thread on the local page:
http://community.neur.io/t/most-efficient-way-to-fetch-raw-sensor-data/1250/10

And link to their API:
https://api-docs.neur.io/

Just posted to their site asking if there is any newer information on the local method. I always prefer to access information in my network if possible.

Thanks Snell, I will look also later if I can get some real research time today.

So it turns out they DO have a local json response that does not require all the normal API work. It is referenced in their API Resources:
https://api-docs.neur.io/#sensor-local-access

Starting to play with it a bit and see if it can work readily enough. So far I can read the whole response but need to get it parsed into useful values.

Ok. My first beta driver (0.1) is now posted. It reads Channels 1, 2, & 3 (Phase A, B, and total) power and voltage. Not a LOT but it is all I am really going to get tonight. I personally have channels 4, 5, & 6 also because Neurio asked for my help identifying items on a submeter... but did not want to add those in to the baseline yet but I will make a way to handle them in the future.

This also just reports the energy & power values that Hubitat has as Channel 3's power (since that is the combined value of 1 & 2). If someone has a 3 phase system... I could try to accommodate that if you send me the debug logs.

Neurio Driver

2 Likes

Version 0.2 is now posted. It handles the Basic Authentication mode that your Neurio can have enabled. Just enter the local (not cloud) login information into the preferences and save. As a note, the Basic Authentication method is REALLY basic... plain text username/password not even encoded with Base64. So hopefully your Neurio is behind a nice secure firewall...

I also added support for up to 6 channels now.

Lord Snell, I was offline for less than a day man haha :slight_smile: I will try it now and see what is looks like thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah... Sometimes I have trouble just leaving one of these ideas "unfinished". Not like this driver is nearly done but it was something I wanted to work on previously. The mention made me look again and I "figured it out".

I figure if I am going to do something I might as well try to make it decent. Maybe someone gets some use out of it (besides me) and maybe somebody learns some code from it or thinks of something new/interesting to add to it or ask me to add and it sparks some more work.

The REAL problem is when I stay up late (or should I say early... since it is usually morning by the time I stumble to bed) because I keep thinking on it...

Just posted a revised version, 0.3. All I did was correct how I was sending events, so that it only goes to attributes that were declared... this way it does not keep building up a huge list of events. Never thought to update this driver back when I first learned about this fun little detail, but did when I went to check my Neurio data and see that it still works with the full "Generac" firmware on it.

@snell Awesome job on getting a driver that can get values from the Neurio. I am brand new to the Hubitat, just ditched my Wink Hub 2 a few days ago.

How do I get some of the other Neurio values like voltage to display on the dashboard or via Snaptools?

Any attribute reported by a driver can be included as a dashboard tile if you select the Attribute method, then select the Attribute desired. Because Neurio reports multiple voltages I did not directly put one as a "voltage" attribute that Hubitat can automatically use.

I figured out the problem with SharpTools. I needed to CTRL+F5 the page to list all the other attributes. :man_facepalming: I however did not figure out how to select a different attribute for the native HE Dashboard tiles :man_shrugging:

I noticed that Phase A and Phase B power were the same so I reviewed the driver code and I think I might have found a copy/paste related issue. See lines below (~ lines 172 and 173 in the source code)

sendEvent( name: "${ state.Channel2Type }_Voltage", value: state.Channel2Voltage, unit: "V", linkText: deviceName, descriptionText: "" )
sendEvent( name: "${ state.Channel2Type }_Power", value: state.Channel1Power, unit: "W", linkText: deviceName, descriptionText: "" )`

I think the value should be state.Channel2Power instead of channel 1.

I think you then copy/pasted those two lines for the channel 3 code so those also need to be changed.

Thanks again @snell for the reply.

Ha! Thanks for finding that error. Copy/paste errors always seem to crop up for me. You would think I would have learned by now...

Anyways... New version 0.5.0 is now posted. It fixes the error and updates the way I do refresh, logging, and update notification to match my "newer" driver styles.

As for adding a tile with an attribute... I could be misunderstanding what you are doing, but here is a screenshot of how I did it on mine:
Dashboard Voltage

No worries. Same thing happens to me all the time.

I didn't see the template labelled "Attribute". I tried the "Variable Number" template because I am used to referring to everything as variables or tags during my "day job". I never thought to look for the word attribute, even though you mentioned it right there in the earlier post.

Boy is my face red :rofl:

Shockingly, it took me a couple seconds to find it. I immediately scrolled down thinking "Custom Attribute"... then went to the end for "Variables"... Then came back to the beginning and there it is.
:man_shrugging:

Hi there; I'm also a Neurio owner since kickstarter and its worked pretty well for me. The change to Generac and PWRview was concerning and for the past few weeks their server won't respond. So, time to hook into my C7. The Neurio when I connect direct to it on the lan is working fine. Where can I find the work you have done so far and can that be made available for me to try? Thanks

You know... I never made a separate project thread for it like I did for my other drivers. :man_shrugging:

The link to the driver was originally posted up in #6 but here is the driver link again to make it easier:
Neurio.groovy

Thanks, now to figure out using it.