Nest Integration [Limited Release]

I dont have an Nest Thermostat :confused:

I just use Cams

I only have Wyze cams. What is it you’re triggering? Recording, or ON/OFF, or something else?

Home/Away - which is probably the same thing the thermostat is using. The notifications I get are based on the home/away status.

Maybe it didn't auth right and thats why nothing is showing in home kit.

Sometimes I wish we could accessing the configuration via cloud connection. Having to wait until I am home to tinker is annoying lol

You can setup a VPN and access that way, or you can leave a computer on at home with a Teamviewer connection. The latter is how I do it. I have a MacBook Pro always running becuase that's where my Homebridge, Google Assistant Relay, Insteon Server, and CastWeb API live. So I just remote in and launch a web browser. Teamviewer for private use is totally free.

1 Like

any one can send Setup by step setup instruction for Nest Thermostat. i don't see Nest Integration in app

Google shut down their API and only allow previously connected devices.

Only fix is home assistant and badnest

I'm a new Hubitat user. Skimming this thread suggests that there is currently no way to get Nest Thermostats to work with Hubitat, is that still the case? And are there known workarounds?

I am curious as to why Google has not reacted to all that user feedback and re-opened their APIs that long. Big companies usually take quick notice of repeated negative reviews, and typically get to work to address them. It seems this has been going on for a couple of years now!

Still the case and no known work arounds. Google has shut down the public API.

Not even via ITTT?

Not as far as I know. Google cut off everyone.

I use home assistant with bad nest and HE MQTT for passing sensor info to home assistant.

Not for the faint of heart but doable.

1 Like

I'm using the Google Home Assistant Relay Driver to control a new Nest thermostat via various Rules.

Again not for the faint of heart.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Hubitat doesn't seem to be targeted at the faint of heart in the first place, so I assume you guys mean it's pretty complicated?

Heart aside, from a quick read it looks like both ways that @helene7t7 and @mike.smart suggested would involve at least a Pi or some other hardware running. Is that the case?

Unfortunately that is the case for the Google Home Assistant relay driver

You can run home assistant on other machines. I have no specific experience with it. Other than I know it can be done.

I use home assistant for most non capable Hubitat integrations like Sense energy monitoring, etc.

1 Like

My HA Instance is running on an Ubuntu virtual machine on a Mac Mini. A friend told me his experience led to the Pi being over-taxed pretty quick while building his system out. Especially if you want anything with video. The Pi-4 might be better suited but I've heard a laundry list of problems with it.

“Homebridge” is a program that will run on a Mac, raspberry pi, PC, or just about anything else you might have. It integrates everything like Hubitat but doesn’t reach out to Zigbee radios etc. there’s lots of information out there on how to install it and once it’s done, the GUI is easy to follow.

I am so sorry....I feel like an IDIOT!
Can someone reply back with specific instructions on how to "load the Nest Integration App". I keep seeing references to this step but cannot figure out how to do it.

Hi there, unfortunately this integration is no longer available since Google retired NEST api.