Nest Developer access now live

But camera streams are available in the api

Is there a way for Hubitat to put Nest in Away mode and back to Home mode?

Thatā€™s correct, support does exist in the API. We watch in anticipation as the drivers start coming together to support the Nest devices... over in [Pre-Release] Google SDM API - Nest integration

@jason-hubitat - it would probably help folks who are looking for available Nest integration/drivers more than general info, to edit your OP to have a link to @dkilgore90's driver below.

2 Likes

Is this still being worked on?

My app and drivers cover most of the features exposed via the API (still trying to wrap my head around the web_rtc stream available for the newest cameras). I also actively support it for any issues come across, including code fixes as necessary. I created a separate thread for my code (and any discussion around it), and this one went dormant.

Hope this answers your question!

1 Like

Hi there, I have a nest thermostat and a couple protects that I want to manage through HE. I was going to test it out but it costs $5 for developer registration so I figured I'd confirm this will do what I'm hoping it will.

Thermostat, yes. Protects are not supported via any official API so far (and no indication from Google on when/if they will be).

Got it going, thanks @dkilgore90