Nest Cam in dashboard?

Is it possible to get video from a nest cam in the dashboard? Maybe if the stream was password shared. Doesn't have to be 30fps heck I'd be really happy with 12 frames per minute.

Thanks

Good question, did you figure this out?

1 Like

If you use the attribute template and a value of "imageUrlHtml" it will show an image from the camera. I'm unsure what the refresh time is (if any), but it's a starting point. If I recall correctly Nest doesn't make the live stream available outside their apps/googles/website.

I had my nest can showing in the dashboard via tinycam with a custom driver I wrote. The driver could cause issues if you weren't careful so I took it down. Although it does still work for me. I imagine there is a way to do it without too much issue. I just don't know what it is.

I actually have this on my list to look at. I know I could see my nest cams through wink so I am hoping I can find a why to make a driver for it. Although I only wanna see mine when motion is detected.

I got this working! I used the image url from the device page and put it in an image template with a 1s refresh. It's been 24 hours and the link doesn't seem to have changed yet.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.