Needed - an app to display multiple alerts in a common dashboard tile

Wonderful, now working as expected. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome - That looks to work in the device page. I'm gonna run up an RM instance using 3 light switches - on to populate, off to remove and see how that goes

1 Like

Now I can nag myself (and everyone else in the house) with the 29 status messages I just came up with.. no need to check any other status tile. Perfect!

1 Like

Ah I've hit a hiccup. If I create Message ID 1, Message ID 2, Message ID 3 it works as expected. But I can only individually remove two of the message IDs. If I remove 1 & 2, removing 3 won't work - it remains in place. If I remove 2 & 3, removing 1 won't work. It won't go back to 'No Current Messages' without clicking 'Clear all'.

I see a small bug, but not that one. What do you get if you refresh the device page? (Remember it doesn't always dynamically reload.)

Same result - I add messages 1,2,3 and the current state cycles through 1, 2, 3. If I remove 1, it cycles 2,3. If I remove 2 it just shows 3. If I remove 3, 3 remains and does so after a page refresh.

The other thing I'm not sure of....In RM how to I format the string value:

Do I need to add two individual parameters - one with the ID and one with the message? For example if my Message ID will be 1234 and my message is '%time% - some light is on' what would I enter?

It appears to be unable to remove the last remaining item.. I tried with 6 items, removing the lowest number and highest numbered item alternately. All were removed up until 4, which I could not remove.

1 Like

I was seeing another small bug, but if you hit it just right it may do what you both are seeing. Just pushed v0.0.3

For RM you'll need to create two parameters to add a message, both strings, the first will be the message ID, the second the contents.

Yeah apologies I re read your original post and got it working. Will try 0.0.3 now.

V0.03 fixed my testcase. Again, thanks...

That has fixed it. Will try my 3 light rule again. How many simultaneous messages did you allow for in the end?

Limited by the memory on the hub, so for all intents and purposes unlimited.... Storing it as a series of state variables that I treat as a list instead of a finite set of slots or attributes.

1 Like

@rlithgow1 because for me, nothing comes close.

I would prefer local tho.

Ok I've tried it with a number of lights in a few rules and put it on a SharpTools tile and it works exactly as I wanted/needed. This will allow me to add a few lines in any rule where I want a notification on a common tile, and will enable me to ditch a few complicated rules and numerous hub variables I was having to use to get a similar result.

Thanks you so much @thebearmay for creating this (and the Daily Reminder that you put together based on my request some time ago) :pray:

3 Likes

Yeah SharpTools is great, as is the support from Josh and James. The great thing about this driver is at can be used on any dashboard and works perfectly on SharpTools.

3 Likes

Have you looked at @gslender 's Hubivue? www.hubivue.com . I believe it can do that and it's 100% local

Yeah, I tried it. Doesn't come close to sharptools.

A lot of people around here seem to hate the whole idea of dashboards and as a result (total personal preference here...) I find most of the dash designs utterly fowl. Generally flooded with info, commodore64-style horrors, with god-awful buttons/icons.

SharpTools let's me create something more in the style I like. Without needing to learn a tonne of code.

Again personal preference. I'm sure many people wouldn't like mine.

Edit

Been ages since I tried this though. Looks loads better now..

/edit

2 Likes

Hubivue has it's own designer now..

What specifically did you find missing? hubiVue also runs natively on heaps of platforms instead of running as a webpage (of which cloud web apps aren't local and can't offer as fast/independent connection to your hub vs a platform native app can). But yes hubiVue is slowly catching up with features so it is possible there are some things you may need that it does't yet deliver on - but the gaps are getting smaller and smaller :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried this ages ago to be honest. Looks like it's in a different league now compared to back then.

So now... Wouldn't be fair for me to continue to make a comparison.

Good work!

Not sure if I cba to put in a fresh set of effort with a new UI. I currently love sharptools.