Need to pass variable from IFTTT or Alexa to HE

The remaining issues need solutions....

I have two WiFi thermometers going through SmartLife to ST, proving temperature for various automations.

I have SmartLife, Alexa, and HE enabled, but I am not sure how to pass a variable from one of those back to HE.

I use the Sinopé Zigbee thermostats to be a lot to do this.

I think that there are some integrations to Wifi thermostats that might allow a direct connection from them to Hubitat. This is what you would need. I can’t think of a way to go from a Wifi Thermostat through SmartLife, Alexa or IFTT to HE.

What type/model thermostat is it? Have you done a search for this model on the forum in case someone else was able to figure this out?

I have looked. They are Tuya WiFi thermometers with humidity. One of a zillion or so variations floating around; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099RK3W3J

Works great in Smart Life and passing data to ST,

Sorry - I read Thermostat when you wrote Thermometer…

I’m not aware of an integration to this thermometer. Unless someone else knows of one, my recommendation would be to purchase a Zigbee version (assuming one is available) from either Amazon or AliExpress.

1 Like

I need one that is electrically powered and that allows me to adjust reporting periods. Tokk a bit to find this one.

1 Like

@Pegasus

This is spot-on advice. There's a driver from @kkossev for TuYA zigbee versions of the thermostat/humidity_meter/clock that you linked to. See the thread linked below for details

2 Likes

As already proposed in the other thread, the Tuya Cloud Driver integration may work for your existing WiFi thermometers.

I haven't found a way to transfer numeric values from Amazon Alexa to Hubitat (or ST). Actually, it is possible to use the 0..99 value of a virtual dimmer exposed to Alexa, but the problem is that Alexa does not provide convenient triggers to set up the dimmer value. What I couldn't find is a rule 'If temperature changes, then set the virtual dimmer to the temperature sensor value'.

2 Likes