Need some help with a rule

Good morning. Need some help with a rule please.
I have renters in a home that i have an HE system. I'm nowhere near the house and am trying to do some programming via remote admin...so I'm trying to figure how to configure rules without being there.
I have a zen 32 scene controller. I'm looking to set up the 4 buttons to do the following
BTN 1 toggle RGBWs on / Off
BTN 2. Toggle through different colors
BTN 3. Dim +20%
BTN 4. Dim -20%

For the toggle on / off, The Dim up and dim down i'm using Advanced button controller. Based on what i can see in the assignment - should work fine.

However for the toggle colors - i cant find that option in ABC...The only option i can find for colors in ABC is set color....which doesn't get me the options the tenants are looking for

I also have the button controller app. It looks like i can set a rule to toggle but I'm not sure if the way i have it set up might nut up the rule.

Can someone confirm that if i have the same button set up to toggle through colors that they will in fact toggle sequentially for each press, rather than trying to run them all at once?
here is a screen shot. Thanks in advance.
Mac

I took inspiration from a post here a month or two back to do a similar thing. I use a local variable to keep track of the color sequence and increment it each time the button is pressed prior to going through an if/then tree. I also have a toggle for CT mode or RGB mode so you can ignore that part for a color-only situation.

Appreciate the answer. Honestly for me, i dont think id be able to do that programming. Never had much luck with the if else :frowning:
I know in the past i was able to cycle colors with either the BC or ABC but honestly cant recall how id done it.
Cheers
Mac

I haven't used ABC in a while but know it can set least cycle scenes. Not sure about manually specified colors.

You might also be interested in this app I wrote a while back:

Wellll.
I have that app already installed. maybe that's how i configured it years ago.
Questions please.
-Assuming i can use "Pushed"

• Use ""turn on and set dimmers"
  • then just set the brightness setting color, hue...etc?

if so - just have to figure out color Color Temp, Hue and Sat for the basic rainbow :slight_smile:

Hoping this works.
Appreciate the details.
Cheers
Mac

In the current version, I would choose "Turn on" and then specify the desired level and, if desired, color (hue and saturation) or color temperature. Technically only one is required, or nothing will just turn it on to the last state. But in your case, you probably want hue, saturation, and level, forming HSV/HSB color. Hue is the value corresponding to color. Values range from 0-100, where both extremes are red. So, experiment with some values in between (the Set Hue command on the device detail page is probably easier than in-app) and you should be able to figure something out. :slight_smile:

Color temperature is shades of white. That works if you want that, too. Units are kelvin, and around 2700 or 3000 is the familiar warm white light many people love. Some bulb can go lower, around 2200 or even lower, for an warm orange-y glow; some can go as high as 5000 or 6500 or even higher for a cool/blue-ish white. Your bulbs may state their range, or playing around with Set Color Temperature on the device detail page will show you what your bulb actually does with different values.

I have it configured. just need the tenants to get on line and give me some feedback if it works!
Thanks Again - Mac