Neato: The Last Great Step to Total ST Freedom

If you know JavaScript, Groovy should come pretty easy. The bigger challenge might be understanding the nuances of the Hubitat built in functions and whatnot. Especially since half of it is not documented very well.

1 Like

Thanks. I did buy a Groovy book (well, I don’t know if it is groovy, just that is about Groovy), but have not gotten around to looking through it.

For me the hard part wouldn’t be the language, per se (although, every new language always seems to end up with me writing in one language using the syntax of another), it would be figuring out how to communicate with the APIs that I would need to control. My JavaScript programming has all been with automating Adobe products (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign) and programming Adobe PDF forms.

Amazing work, was able to connect my D7 with no issues. One request, if possible, can an option to turn schedules on and off be added?

@domsim00
New version available....added option to toggle schedules on/off. If you already have this installed, you can just update the device driver. Links below

Neato app
Device driver

4 Likes

OMG, you're a rock star! Thank you!

I plugged in the new code for my D7's. Works beautifully. Thank you.

@gassgs
Can someone please help me ? I have D7 & have installed this app & driver. Oauth worked & can select my D7. But when I press any button in driver i get the following error

"java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getSecretKey() on null object on line 394 (method on)"

What am I missing ??

Would it be possible for the schedule control to be on off controllable as well? Toggle is great but discreet control would be fantastic if possible. Thank you either way.

Driver code has been updated. Links are a few posts up.

1 Like

Frigging incredible, thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I keep getting ''OAuth is not enabled for this App'' and then realize that I haven't had an opportunity to enter my username and password.

I'm missing a step but can't figure out where?

Can someone jump in and give me a step by step?

Cheers,

On the apps code page you'll need to enable OAuth....

1 Like

Thank you kindly.

I have made some updates to the App and Driver code.
I believe this should now work with all connected models(DC02,D3,D4,D5,D6, and D7) . I added a few more attributes, cleaned up some things and added the ability to clear alerts (automatically or with a command).

Links are in the post below.

I also just received a D7 model on Friday. I'm working on adding the zone feature but It's a bit tricky. Not sure how long it's gonna take me to get it done properly. I do have it working with a seperate D7 driver, you have to add the Zone names and Boundary Id codes manually to the driver code but it is working.
Message me if anyone would like to mess with the early code and try it out.

One more thing....As a Heads up, from what I understand this integration will not work with the new Neato models ( D8, D9, and D10 )

1 Like

New versions are now available

I've made some additional improvements and added (optional) automatic creation of child "zone" devices for users with D7 models. If you have a D7 model and want to use the zone/room feature you will need to add the child device driver also. Once you enable the zone child devices and save preferences, you can then set the power mode and navigation mode per zone.

@mluck @cosmo1 @AndyR @domsim00 @philippompili , let me know if you see any issues with the zone/room child device feature.

Neato app
Device driver
Child device driver

8 Likes

Awesome work! I had to remove the app and re-add to get the child devices to create, but did no problem. Super cool!

Can't test that they function right now as it is too late to run the bot but will tomorrow morning if I remember. I did notice the child devices aren't exposed to webcore. Is that possible?

Did also want to mention that controlling scheduling from webcore doesn't always work. Looking through the hubitat logs, it'll show schedule enable is sent, then the device will report back saying schedule is off. And vice versa. I'll try and get a screen cap. It happens consistently, so as long as it isn't an issue isolated to me, you should be able to see it yourself too since you got a d7. Just send scheduleon from webcore and watch the hubitat logs.

Here a screenshot. Schedule was off, triggered scheduleon from webcore and get this result. Says "schedules are already enabled" right after the command to enable is sent, then last message shows "schedule enable - false" and the schedule does NOT get turned back on. This happens both when enabling or disabling schedules from webcore at times, other times, works perfectly. I can not find a cause for when it fails.

Tested zone control and worked perfectly!

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with webcore. I can't think of a reason webcore would not see them....should see them as switches I would think. Do you have any other devices with child devices that webcore can see?

From the device page the schedule commands seem to function properly for me.
The debug error message "schedules are already enabled" should only happen when the schedule on command is pushed and the schedule attribute on the device page is showing "enabled".

Go ahead and update the driver code..I made a change and removed the checks for the schedule commands. I think that will fix your issue.

2 Likes

Friggin genius my friend, that seems to have got it working.