MyQ Driver No Longer Working

I developed a driver to control my garage door through the MyQ hub. It used an authorization token that came from the MyQ website. That website has been removed so now I can't generate an authorization token to access the hub. How can I interface with the MyQ hub now? I have not seen any updated drivers posted that don't use the token.

Did you read this Topic?

1 Like

Thanks. I did try his device driver and it has the exact same problem. Looks like his code has not changed in 2 years and I think the token issue is only a few days old. That seems to be when my token expired.

the code referenced changed less than a month ago. It's located in an entirely different location from 2 months ago as well.

Also read this in the same Topic:

2 Likes

I have abandon the MY Q integration all together. I soldered two wires directly to the back of the garage door opener push button and ran those to a relay connected to my Konnected Pro 12 board. The LGK app & a tilt sensor is all that was needed to make it work. No need for the My Q app!

1 Like

I tried his code per his install instructions and it rejects my login and password even though the same login and password work on the MyQ app. The app error is "groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 401, reason phrase: Unauthorized". No sure what to do from here.

Last time I had this problem I bought a WiFi controller switch to do the same thing you did but the token issue got resolved. Guess I will have to hook it up now.

MyQ integration is a heartbreaker. They keep changing it and breaking it. Make yourself happy and roll your own with a little relay and a sacrificial remote. Lots of instructions in the community on how to do this. Example thread: Local Control Options for MyQ Garage Door Openers - #76 by wiegout

2 Likes