My Outdoor LED Flood Light Control - Football Field Quality Lighting Control For the Home

I wonder if there’s a 4K-60% doorbell camera with motion detection that could be integrated with Hubitat to follow intruders with a spotlight.

Anyone know of a reliable LED spotlight that could be mounted on some kind of pan-tilt mechanism? Reliability is crucial for this application.

Edit: No broken promises please, like frickin’ sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads. Serious offers only.

4 Likes

It was designed to prevent people, like you, from wandering near my home.
My backup is "THE DOG", my 410 and The Police.
Home Automation/Security is my hobby .

1 Like

@bobbyd.... Wanna close up shop here? Thread is devolving.... and is not substantive

6 Likes

Is this all for 2 lights?

Not being a dick, seems like a lot.

6 Likes

I am very confused about a few of things regarding this topic.

If you live in a neighborhood with a sidewalk I suspect your neighbors don't appreciate being blinded when they simply want to go for a walk.

What's the issue with posting pictures? They would be very helpful since the descriptions are very muddled.

What makes this football field quality?

I sense there is some level of humor that's being used but lost on most of us.

Did you make a post about the Christmas tree you refer to?

5 Likes

@user494 appears to be temporarily suspended and cannot respond to your post. So here’s a link to their Christmas Tree Annunciator project:

2 Likes

Both a kinda useless without pics.... Shrug

4 Likes

It's all very bizarre. The random use of capitalization, quotes, etc. Very difficult to read. All the pseudo dramatics out of them as well.

Never thought I'd see a troll account in the community

6 Likes

Well if we're talking flood lights, these just cleared customs.... Don't think I want lit up like a football field but these should give some nice coloring to the front of my house

4 Likes

I recommend mounting them facing up from the ground. You can definitely blind anyone dare walking close to your public sidewalk :rofl:

2 Likes

My Dog, 410, and the police will keep people away! Hahahahahah (sorry lol)

3 Likes

or mental institution....

5 Likes

@rlithgow1 the gif that keeps on giving :laughing:

2 Likes

In the English usage of my youth, “Home” was a synonym or euphemism for a mental health or psychiatric unit.

Perhaps the OP used it in the same context.

4 Likes

I'm surprised this, like basically all their other topics, hasn't gotten shut down. I think we are all balanced right on the edge of devolving into "saying the quiet part out loud". Actually speaks to the high level of professionalism that this community maintains. Kudos to all.

5 Likes

Yep, if it was that simple then this HE project/application "Here's a cool thing I did" post would NOT exist. This HE outdoor lightning application was somewhat expensive. The cost would be astronomical if I hired an electrical contractor to do this lightning application underground. The least inexpensive other way (This project) is by using a GFI outlet, a Z-wave/Zigbee outdoor outlet, protected extension cords and high powered LED lights along with HE. Our municipality did not provide street lightning on our street. There were many undesirables wandering on our street at nighttime. This outdoor high power LED football field floodlight application using HE has solved this problem ASAP.
Warning ... a word of caution - working with 110 VAC can kill and might burn down your house if not properly wired correctly and protected with a GFI. A GFI (ground fault interrupter) is required for outdoor electrical safety. Also, your homeowners insurance policy might not pay up if you burn your home down due to your faulty wiring mistakes. If not sure, please call a qualified electrician to perform all electrical work.

1 Like

These, low cost, high efficient, low power, LED floodlights has so much powerful Lumens output
that also mimics even the best flood lights that are also used in baseball, football stadiums and
even airports at nighttime! I am using very efficient, inexpensive 150 watt LED Flood Lights from Walmart.

1 Like

Not unless the LED flood lights are pointing up normally into the sky where they should be pointed! The only time they would be blinded, by my high power LED floods, if they step one foot on my porch or property at nighttime. Also, it helps the neighbors see the way at night time walking down the street. You see, our municipality did not provide street lightning on our street. It is totally pitch dark at nighttime. I am providing FREE lighting services for only 2 minutes for my neighbors to see the way down the sidewalk away from my homestead. The LED flood lighting glaring fanout, at nighttime, is an awesome sight to see.
Please note: Hubitat doesn't recommend using HE for home security. Outside lighting control, at nighttime, is a HE application that is also home security! Since I have multiple home automation/security systems, for reliability, then this is not an issue for me.

1 Like

It appears that this topic has gained substantial number of flags that warrant its closure. I would like to thank @user494 for sharing the project and to remind everyone that we are a welcoming community for those who like to share their skills, knowledge and interests as related to Hubitat Elevation, and its power to elevate our environments.

Let's make this community a great place for all things Hubitat, by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small.

When responding to a post, please do so in a respectful manner addressing the topic directly, and not the tone of previous poster.

Be helpful and bring new perspective into the discussion, even if you disagree with some of what is being said. And if the topic is not interesting to you, I am sure there are many other topics that can peak your interest.

9 Likes