My hubitat no longer talks to any device

yea, just spoke to bobbyD and asked it they were showing any background errors and "No other errors either, at the moment." so should be sound

1 Like

Sadly your Spirit TRV driver didn't work (the hub locked for z-w) for the guy who tried it - @Arek .

yep. Some functions are working fine but most of them not. Changing stepoint temp - ok but when I click boost, trv went to fully open but stops responding. After reset of HE trv got back to live. TempUP/DOWN doesn't work. Not always was refreshing current status. Lock function was working fine :smiley:
I set back to generic thermostat drivers but till today I have some problems with this trv (mean more problems the usual :slight_smile: ) so I will need to do exclusion/inclusion.

Really strange I've no issue, I've not tried boost or lock ( never used) but reports fine

Edit, is it locking the hub or just z-wave

only this trv, other z-wave device, include other trvs with generic drivers are working

try it now, ive changed the createvent to sendevent and insted of wrapping them all up and returning them at once it sends them one at a time

these have been working well for a while now

How many of each brand are you sending commands to at the same time?

1 eurtronics 1 pop and 1 daniflos, the pop and floss use the same

Not sure what you mean by the same time tho

Pop & Floss. Ha ha ha, I love it :joy:

Speed typing

But I'm a man as well and have 3 kids playing havoc

git updated
line 92 state.thermostatMode == "off" && added
device was showing heating when off

also bug with supported mode report all mode types reporting as null

Hi Guys and Girls,
When I first started using it 6-8 weeks ago it occasionally didn't talk to the devices. Then this issue moved to a daily occurance. The only way to restore connection was to shut it down completely and restart. Then occasionally I couldn't connect to the Hubitat and now I have no longer have any control over it apart from disconnecting and connecting it's cables.
I am using an Australian version with 20 devices.
Any thoughts?
Tom

Email support@hubitat.com. Tagging @bobbyD.

Thanks, I did but no reply.

FYI, the cause of the issue is the retrofitted antenna and harness. If I remove the antenna and cable it works perfectly but with US z-wave frequencies. I tested it with a lock that accepts US frequencies.
Tom

What retrofitted antenna and harness? I don't recall your mentioning this before. Also, if you aren't in North America, your HE would have shipped with an external USB z-wave dongle. Why weren't you using that?

The antenna and harness is the external z-wave dongle. I'll attach a photo
I did a soft reset without the dongle and I was able to connect to the HE but once the dongle (antenna and harness) is plugged in all that happens is the HE lights pulses on and off blue every 7.5 seconds.

If the power cable is plugged directly into the HE and not into the dongle's harness the router works perfectly but with the USA frequency.

What power supply are you using? This could happen if the power supply your HE came with isn't working properly. Do you have another 5V 1A power-supply (or higher amp - like 5V 2A) to try?

1 Like