My Hubitat MyQ integration walkthrough

You can take a look at the forum. There are links to the drivers that were created for Vera.

Vera MyQ Community Forum

I just received an Ecobee ZWave garage door tilt sensor, added it to HE and went to add MyQ Lite, but i'm only offered the "no sensor" option whereas the above thread lead me to believe there was a option to install it with a sensor driver?

Gosh, it’s been so long, I don’t remember. You will be old someday and have senior moments.

So, I struggled through it.

Apps page, MyQ Lite, “Tap to Modify Devices” selector, then Next.

Choose your newly-installed sensor rather that the sensor less one.

Hope this helps, it’s been a long time.

1 Like

Looking at the gihub page for MyQ.

• For garage door with tilt/door sensor install myq-garage-door-opener.src driver.

That should be the driver you have installed.
I checked my Garage door devices and that is the driver they are using.

It has been a while since I did this.
I am thinking you should be able to add that driver to hubitat.
Then for the garage door device you created, change it to use this driver.
Then in the myq app, update it to pair with your motion sensor.
You might have to delete the existing device and re-add it with the app in-order to have the option to pair it with an external sensor.

The problem with that manual driver addition approach, and why I suggested what I did, is that, not only does MyQ have to know which driver you are using, so it can make the connections within the app, but also Hubitat Package Manager has to know so that changes to the sensor component get updated as needed.

672southmain & Gizmo-cal,

Thank you both very much!!!! I originally tried to install via HPM and it only offered the non-sensor install option. Installing manually I was able to install the sensor version and everything looks good. I ran HPM, did a check for updates, and it found MyQ-lite ... I marked it as "up to date" and HPM did not try to replace or update it.

I'll test it a little later this morning when I get a break from work. :+1:

Oh ... 672southmain, I'm getting there ... just turned 60 last week. Not sure how the heck that happened ... I don't THINK I feel that old. :frowning:

@pat
Interesting info on HPM.
HPM was not a thing when I did my installation.

I agree with @672southmain.
If you are doing things with automation (IE. HPM), and you inject a manual override, there is no telling if the automation will respond correctly in the future.

You might want to discuss the HPM issue in the "Updated MyQ Lite Application Official Thread

I must have had a senior moment, and it has been a while since I changed anything with MyQ Lite.

It’s really simple with Hubitat Package Manager (“HPM”), don’t know how I missed this option.

If you didn’t install MyQ Lite by HPM, the first thing to do is to get MyQ Lite managed by HPM. If you don’t have HPM installed, then first install HPM. You will have to install the HPM app manually, but HPM can manage itself going forward.

Now everything else is easy. In the HPM app, do a “Match Up”. This will cause HPM to look around, see what apps and drivers you have installed, then bring into HPM control/update monitoring those drivers and apps it knows about. You get to select which drivers and apps get brought into HPM. The only caution at this point is that, if you have been making manual edits to the source code, those edits will be overwritten on the next update of the driver/app.

Then, once MyQ Lite is known to HPM, run a “Modify” in HPM for MyQ Lite and go through the selection process of specifying what type of sensor you will be using. You need to have your new sensor paired before you do this step so that it can be selected.

That should do it.

There is a big difference between 60 and 70. You will understand when you get there.

I have everything setup and functional with a secondary Zwave tilt sensor. The virtual 'Garage Door' device shows the Tilt Sensor and lists open/close correctly. When integrating with Alexa I use a voice code and it opens and closes properly, EXCEPT it says "Hmmm...I can't control the Garage Door right now. Please check on it" after every open/close. It works fine, but apparently the sensor isn't sending an open/close confirmation to Alexa to know the status? Anyone else having this problem or know a workaround?

I am trying to get the MyQ Lite working with the latest version that the Hubitat Package Manager gets. How ever it keeps telling me that my "The username or password you entered is incorrect. Go back and try again." I have checked my password and username, it is the same that I use to login to the mobile app with.

Any ideas?

The MyQ API has been updated and is no longer compatible with the existing MyQ app. The author of the app, @dman2306, is awaiting the release of Hubitat platform version 2.2.9, which contains changes that will permit him to re-code this app to work with the new MyQ API.

4 Likes

just tagging this again ... username / password is the blocker for me as well. Still waiting on platform updates?

Welcome to the Hubitat forums!

I don't think so, there were the required changes in the 2.2.9 release which happened a couple weeks ago.

So what is happening? Any error messages in the logs? Any indication of what went wrong?

2 Likes

And the update steps are given here, in the main MyQ Lite thread:

To update the app, go into Hubitat Package Manager, choose Update, and select the MyQ Lite package. As they say, that's what worked for me.

5 Likes

Ok updated via the package manager app which I coincidentally just installed so cool. I’m still getting an error but did get past login … when trying to activate the doors I’m getting the following

There was a problem updating devices:
 java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object.
Line number: 611
Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

Did you also update the device driver?

1 Like

Only did the update via HPM. I can navigate over to GitHub and grab the driver code too.

It might be better to move this over to the main MyQ Lite thread, which Dominick Meglio monitors.

An alternate approach would be to remove the app and driver, remove them from HPM, then do a clean install from HPM.

1 Like

Had no idea. The driver fixed things and I see my three doors now as devices. I guess it probably would make sense to start with a clean version though given it’s managed now. Thanks!!

want to piggyback here;

I was also experiencing issues with my username/password for the MyQ integration.

I installed the HPM
I updated the files
I reentered my username/password
I redid my automations tied to it

everything works perfect again.

thanks!