My Favorite Devices (Updated)

There are a lot of factors to this, from placement to environment to subjective evaluation, but i have been pretty happy using the ZSE18 with usb power for motion lighting in my office.

1 Like

More clarification after further inspection of the review above; the BeSense device has two jumpers. The number of pulses it must see before it declares a trigger. 1 is most sensitive, 2 I use most of the time as we have pets - eliminates false triggers on our pets, fast as heck at detection of a human. The second set of jumpers is what forces the device to run in a more battery conservative mode. I have experimented with "Full" and noticed no difference in performance. Battery life was still in months, not days as the review above eluded. Detection time is instant, what you vary in HE is the alert reset time. How long with no motion before sending an all clear to the hub. PS, its thirty bucks - live dangerous! Good luck and i hope this does indeed help you. j

I with @jjackson as I have a couple of besense motion and they are alot better than other I have try and have used. I would recommend the besense.

A couple quick questions... On the motion detectors, can anyone compare the Hue Zigbee ones with the BeSense Z-Wave ones?

On the First alert ZCombo-G fire / CO detector... Can it be used as a siren as well? I've got Sonos and Echo devices around that I can use for this, but if the power is out...

No, only a siren for the smoke detector itself. What you are thinking is more like the First Alert OneLink smoke detector where the speaker is also a AirPlay2 speaker which you could use as a speaker or siren for other purposes. But that would be outside Hubitat.

Updated smart plug..

I have some other favorite changes coming soon (unreleased devices, waiting on them to be announced) :wink:

5 Likes

Bah. Ya tease.

4 Likes

|Scene Contoller|Zooz Zen32|

Got a new category.. In-Wall mains powered scene controllers are back!

700 Series and built-in driver in 2.2.6.

8 Likes

Not really famiilar w/this type of switch...are the four scene buttons flexibly assignable (e.g., like buttons on a Pico) to do pretty much anything the button app (HE or ABC) or RM/SAR or other app can assign to them?

Or do they have to run scenes specifically?

1 Like

Yep.. You can do anything with them.. The main switch button can also be used for anything too if you are like me and put smart bulbs on your z-wave switches with the relays disabled.. :wink:

5 Likes

Ah...very cool. I think WAF on this could be pretty high.

Cool...didn't see the smart bulb mode when I quickly skimmed. This looks excellent! Thanks!

1 Like

Had it in my hands for a while now.. Was waiting patiently for them to officially announce it..

2 Likes

You are a stronger man than I...I would have leaked like sieve w/something this cool to talk about. :smiley:

1 Like

I think Inovelli is planning on releasing a similar device, although I think they are earlier on in the development process.

2 Likes

Cool.. For some reason everyone stopped making mains powered scene controllers after Z-Wave Plus .. I have no idea why..

3 Likes

Just saw this as well:

• Adjustable LED indicators: choose from different colors and brightness levels

Will this work like the Inovelli LEDs where you can conditionally assign LED color - e.g., top one is red if a door is open? Or are they simply the On/Off indicators?

2 Likes

Yes.. I have a custom command in the driver to facilitate this.. My only wish would be more color options, but they are always adding stuff in firmware updates :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

BOOM!

:bomb: Mind blown.

3 Likes

It looks sweet.

However, I'm pining for the Inovelli one, since it will do actual dimming with the load.

And, it appears that it will have color controllable mini LEDs strips for the scenes (which offers more flexibility).

Still--a cool option!

2 Likes

Under $30 also, might have to snag one of these.

1 Like