My Favorite Devices (Updated)

can they operate as a normal switch to turn on normal bulbs? how do they work with 3-way config. i could definitely see a use for this, but the location i would put it are connected in a 3-way config

1 Like

Yes

No idea.. I don't have a 3-way setup... but it support it..

2 Likes

ooo, looking at the actual device, there is a traveler port. i think i might wait for it to come out of beta before i pick it up. this would be the first non-GE switch i pick up, that excites me

1 Like

Not sure why it's marked as beta.. I haven't had any issues with it..

dang, just looked it up too. the switch can only be used with standard 3 way switches, but realistically as long as i get power to my second switch, i can always link them via a rule and it should act the same. i'll just need to make sure to insulate the load on my secondary switch to make sure nothing touches it and causes issues

1 Like

Not available in Canada yet :frowning:

1 Like

Aaaaaand ordered.

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout-out and for the driver @bcopeland! :star_struck:

That's right! You can use any Zooz switch just powered with line and neutral in the other box and use scene control to program it to work like an add-on if you don't like the concept of using a regular on/off switch. OR even install the ZEN34 Remote Switch and don't worry about the wires at all :wink: In case you're not sure how our 3-way works, you'll still get on/off status updates to the hub when you use the regular on/off switch in a 3-way so it will do exactly what the add-on switch does but obviously, it won't look the same way if that's what you're after.

Soon!

7 Likes

How deep is the zen32?

that's what she said :laughing:

any plans to have a true traveler switch be implemented? one reason i initially went with the GE switches was because the add-on switch for 3-way lights.

So happy to see this - I'm so tired of fighting the flakiness of my Leviton scene controllers.

Is it possible to use this device in some more limited way before 2.2.6 is released?

2 Likes

Sure.. In theory you can use one of the scene capable switch drivers.. 2.2.6 is in beta now so it won’t be long...

1 Like

I just finished (literally!) installing my 8th Leviton ZW15R receptacle.

These are still boring, but moving from the GE/Jasco ZW500 receptacle, I find three things I like better:

• 700-series chip
  • Better (IMHO) wiring connectors
  • Color-changing ability (Directly from Leviton is the only place i've been able to find the color-change kits.)

I don't think the Leviton's are going to rock anybody's world, but they're at least incrementally better, and about the same price as the GE/Jasco.

2 Likes

always a winner there

I’m getting close to being 700 pure on my mesh..

3 Likes

I just ordered some.. I have a couple outlets that could use a 700 series upgrade

2 Likes

Very interested in how you play sounds TO a Home Pod - can you elaborate?

Yeah that's just not going to happen at our house sadly. I have an entire 2nd floor with all Zooz Zen23/24 V2s I added 2 years ago.

3 Likes

That’s like a lifetime in HA :joy: - JK

1 Like