My experience with HE

2. saw i had a 3 second timer to dim the lights in the end the day scene which included the tv switch, removed it for now and will test tomorrow if that helped with the slowness / individual triggers

4. after a reboot my tp link hs100 plug has shown back up and is working again.
went into the router and locked down its IP just in case.

1 Like

Number 5 sounds like youā€™ve a weak mesh, if devices arenā€™t reporting correctly after a while

Try DISABLING 1 app or 1 device at a time.
Test it for 24-48hrs (important as thereā€™s a nightly database consolidation that runs)
Anything in your logs ??

With Sensiobs and Alexa

• do your Alexa voice commands work into HE ? (Maybe setup a test device to get triggered)
  • do your HE commands control sensing directly ?
    Try to find what part of that process doesnā€™t work.
    Sorry, I donā€™t have either of those devices

hey @njanda,
The switches (says its on) bulbs (are off even though the switch is on) in this case are wifi bulbs, all running on a 2.4ghz wifi router setup less than 3m from the devices.
Yep - everything exposed to alexa is and can be controlled by voice currently.
Yep - HE can control everything sensibo had in its app
All good, this morning with sensibo deleted, chrome deleted - my presence fired at the right fence when i went to the shops and seems to be pretty snappy this morning.

Ok, good to hear that things are snappier now.
If you had just DISABLED the apps then you could just enable them. Now youā€™ll have to install one, test it for a couple of dayes and then install the other.
Not that itā€™s so hard to do an install :smirk:

how do I disable the app for future reference ?

Check out this Thread

1 Like

I probably should be searching instead of asking questions of the same people. Thank you @njanda for that.

So - in regards to my sensibo. I re-added the app and driver (old) and exposed them to alexa and run the discover. Still wont find them. So screw it, it goes against the HA way - but I created 2 virtual switches with the air con names I wanted, exposed them to alexa then sent 2 rules behind the switches to control the sensibo that way. Yes, its a work around, No, I dont want to get to the bottom of it if I can get it to work.

1 Like

Ha ha. I know the feeling :+1:t2:

1 Like

Removing the delay in the "end of day" scene has sped up the scene / my perceived delays in the rule firing. Im happy with that now.
Sensibos are in and working (+ their virtual switches)
Glad i didnt nuke the system down - but slept on it and worked backwards to get where I am now.

Not sure wether to try the Chromecast beta again and or dive into the mess of the echo/GH pi fiasco. I really just want a simple way to fire off a vocal notification when required :frowning:

Sonos?

hmmm - $250 starting price is well outside the W.A.R.S. acceptable range, especially since i'd want atleast 2-3 of them for different ends of the house.

I've got my single GHM working pretty well for just such announcements. I too found that it dropped of and kind of cached TTS messages so I played around with using RM to send a

just using the chromecast driver ?

Using

• Chromecast beta APP

• TTS Queuing APP

• ChromecastAudio Driver

• Vitrual TTS Speaker Driver (created by TTS Queuing APP)

you've had no issues with the hub / slowness / apps taking ages to load ?

oh, see you're just trying to jinx me now :slight_smile:
But no, no slowness, no rebooting etc. but I've got a very small simple setup.
Maybe 20-25 devices. a mix of Zigbee and Zwave and I'm careful about the Apps I've selected / load.
I took note from something I think @bravenel wrote about the core design of HE being "event based" as the hardware is not some super powerful, micro android box, capable of taking on the cloud processing. Something clicked with me that perhaps apps or drivers that require loads of CPU time are not a good fit with HE.

@njanda ha ha - you're doomed now!

yeah, im not trying to harness the power of the sun with my little HE box, I just want to monitor / control / view my house but mostly have it look after itself / control itself with minimal input from me.

Ah man, iOS geofence consistency is so frustrating. My mrs went out with the kids at 814 and I left the house at 750am, the geofence fired. Then I get a ping at 345 that she got home. So I messaged saying that must of been a long day.. Nup. She got home at 11, went out again at 200 and then back at 345. I've got basically nothing really on my hub, but I cant even get presence consistency right.
Its So Frustrating.

Have you tried the free Life360 integration for presence via geofencing? Most of us have used it since Hubitat was released. It has its pros and cons, but I believe it is slightly more reliable than the Hubitat Mobile App at this point. I am confident that Hubitat will improve the mobile app over time. However, it reliability is critical, you may want to give Life360 a try.

More than slightly :wink:

1 Like