My experience with HE

Ok, next I have bought:
4 ikea repeaters and have them being shipped over from the USA currently
Bought the 10x iris motion sensors off ebay and they were delivered today
Bought a Remotec ZRC-90 which will be great as currently I have masking tape covering switches to stop my family breaking my system
have 3 more xiaomi temp gauges on the way
also my rgbw yeelights should be here soon as well.

once my repeaters are here i'll start putting the zigbee devices in.

Also noticed in my scene, I hadn't set the dimmer level or colour which was stopping my bulbs firing in the scene activation. Hopefully adding those values gets the scene working properly and gets the Mrs off my back.

My mrs geo fence has been rock solid from the beginning, mine still drops off here and there. Thats super annoying.

hey @mike.maxwell - just checking when that "mono" yeelight might make it into a release ?
Also - the gen 2 RGBW yeelights have a flash protocol in the app - but that doesnt seem to be in the driver for that bulb (in device/commands) - is that something that can be added ?

1 Like

Next release will have the mono. No plans for anything else currently

@mike.maxwell so the built in driver for yeelights doesnt support flash ?

Unless there's a command named flash in the driver page, then it would be a nope...

So currently have my Remotec setup and working well.
Getting most of my mode changes under wraps which is good.
Still trying to decide wether to go with yeelights to fill in the lighting gaps I have or go with some more tradfris but the price point is the same on both to get to the island.
I setup my first rule which was a mountain of a thing (RM is just really mind bending, but like I read - write out your rule and what you want it to do. That made it much easier to plan and execute).

currently just waiting on my ikea repeaters to get here on the slow boat they must be on.
Then I can start messing with door sensors and temp sensors.

I really want to add in TTS - I have 6 or so echos already, but from everything i've read you need subsequent hardware to run the required software to get them to work.
Did anyone have a suggestion or preference they can share from experience ?

I do have 2 or 3 spare pi's sitting around idol that I can deploy etc.

Hey @mike.maxwell,
For the Remotec zrc 90 that I bought, should I be using the button controller built in app, or with the bunch of rules that I setup in RM ?

Use bc unless bc can't do what you want.
Not really worth the time to change over though...

1 Like

Correct, but man it does my OCD no good seeing this many rules listed just to do the simplest thing re button presses.

Exactly, bc first unless it doesn't cut it...

2 Likes

I mean I already know first thing when I get home im going to try and convert it all over the BC, who am I kidding lol

So I won a google mini this week, plugged it in, activated the chromecast beta, clicked speak and she spoke.. So now what ?

What do you mean? :wink:

Start adding some automations to make it speak whenever you'd like. I find Rule Machine the easiest method of implementing these automations.

Congrats, they have an ear in your house. :smirk:

is there a open source, non evil corp version I can buy instead ?

Epppp. So i am getting some issues and my default reaction is to roll back my backup. But I am going to hold off and ask for some help...

1. So my sensibos have not been reacting to voice commands, which i hadn't noticed / was happy to use the switches in HE. So i thought maybe there was an issue with alexa so I have been renaming them and device searching them - and HE will expose them to alexa but in the discovery process they just wont come across.
  2. i have setup chromecast beta and was playing around with that - but since then I have noticed that my presence sensors have not been reporting / my end of day scene instead of firing all at once was going device by device in the rule (noticeably VS not before)
  3. when trying to open apps - I am getting the please wait - loading "app" including notifications and TP link app just now.
  4. my tp link switch has just completely fallen off HE
  5. lately i have been noticing group switches "on", but the bulbs are off on the dashboard

A. i thought that the change with the sensibos happened when I updated to the minimal logging code, so I thought if I revert it I might be able to get voice back and just live with the clogged up logs, but now the app wont find any of the sensibos
B. ive deleted chromecast for now - i only setup one test rule and it fired (slowly)
C. I am thinking of rebooting the HE and seeing what happens
D. tp switch needed a firmware update but I dont think that would of killed it off the network.

any ideas / help please @ogiewon @mike.maxwell
this is why ive been taking it slow as not to hit big brick walls like this, do I email support ?

2. saw i had a 3 second timer to dim the lights in the end the day scene which included the tv switch, removed it for now and will test tomorrow if that helped with the slowness / individual triggers

4. after a reboot my tp link hs100 plug has shown back up and is working again.
went into the router and locked down its IP just in case.

1 Like

Number 5 sounds like youā€™ve a weak mesh, if devices arenā€™t reporting correctly after a while

Try DISABLING 1 app or 1 device at a time.
Test it for 24-48hrs (important as thereā€™s a nightly database consolidation that runs)
Anything in your logs ??

With Sensiobs and Alexa

• do your Alexa voice commands work into HE ? (Maybe setup a test device to get triggered)
  • do your HE commands control sensing directly ?
    Try to find what part of that process doesnā€™t work.
    Sorry, I donā€™t have either of those devices

hey @njanda,
The switches (says its on) bulbs (are off even though the switch is on) in this case are wifi bulbs, all running on a 2.4ghz wifi router setup less than 3m from the devices.
Yep - everything exposed to alexa is and can be controlled by voice currently.
Yep - HE can control everything sensibo had in its app
All good, this morning with sensibo deleted, chrome deleted - my presence fired at the right fence when i went to the shops and seems to be pretty snappy this morning.

Ok, good to hear that things are snappier now.
If you had just DISABLED the apps then you could just enable them. Now youā€™ll have to install one, test it for a couple of dayes and then install the other.
Not that itā€™s so hard to do an install :smirk: