Mumubiz garage door opener

Here’s a garage door opener that I have never heard of. My shop has a C7 Hubitat and I really like using Zigbee. This thing claims to be Zigbee so I’m considering ordering it and just seeing if it’ll work. I’m wondering if anyone has ever seen it or used it.

I have a Geni garage door opener, which only requires two contacts closing to operate it. I Don’t fully understand how this thing gets its power but maybe it will be clear in the instructions that come with it :slight_smile:

Maybe it just plugs into a 120 outlet.

According to the images on the Amazon product page, it’s powered by 5V USB.

I think I see where it gets the power from. It looks like it needs a 5 V USB transformer, which of course is not included.

Thank you I just saw the end of it being a USB cable

1 Like

Do you think it will work? I saw another place where it might be under the umbrella Tuya.

Hard to say, there’s only one review and the reviewer received the product for free. In theory, yes.

1 Like

Mumubiz Zigbee Smart Garage Door Opener

Tuya Smart APP Garage Door Controller with RF433 Remoter,
Compatible with Alexa,
Google Assistant,
Zigbee hub Required.

Model: TYLK-ZBH1-RF
Screenshot 2024-03-18 164019

Looks promising, post what it shows during pairing.

Here's some info on another Tuya version, the LoraTap GDC311ZBQ1.

Pairing Info

1 Like

From this Youtube video showing an unsuccessful attempt to use the Mumubiz garage door opener in Home Asistant, the Zigbee model and manufacturer shown on the HA screen is :

TS0001 _TZ3210_sb8x2xci

This is a different device than the models supported in the "Tuya Zigbee Garage Door Opener" driver (available in HPM). It will not work with the Mumubiz device, I have no idea how the reed relay sensor is exposed (if exposed at all).

1 Like

So not looking very promising... :frowning_face:
But hey, never really sure what they might put in the package from one day to the next. :man_shrugging:

I expect that the Mumubiz device can be controlled using the HE inbuilt Generic Zigbee Switch driver, however the door open/closed status will not be available.

2 Likes

After watching the video again, it seems like this device combines the relay state (on/off) and the door sensor state (open/closed) in one and the same 'switch' state. So, sending a command to open or close the door will pulse the relay, and the door controller will open or close the door. What will be shown in HE will actually be the open or closed state of the reed relay (door state).

It may work, but not very convenient in my opinion.

Well, I didn't even get to test this thing. I received it on 3/20/24. Fast shipping from Amazon. Hooked it on my desktop and it did nothing at all. Supposed to be lights that come on. Nothing at all. The package was opened when I received it so I'm guessing it was returned once already. I sent it back and was thinking about getting a second one but the seller only had the one. It was very cheaply made so I sure wouldn't recommend it.

I'm still looking for a zigbee one that works.