Tuya Zigbee Garage Door Opener

On a whim I picked up this cute little Tuya Zigbee garage door opener for less than $30, hoping it would work with Hubitat. It looks like I should have done my research first. Is there any hope of getting this supported? What is the process for requesting support for new devices? I tried changing the device type, and I even added a driver code I found on another forum. No luck so far. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Hi @oturn and welcome to Hubitat!

In order to find a proper driver, please share this device particular model and manufacturer.
These can be found on the device web page, 'Data' section.

1 Like
  • model: TS0601
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_wfxuhoea
1 Like

Looks pretty nice. RF door sensor instead of ZigBee, feedback to HE could be tricky.
LoraTap GDC311ZBQ1

Specification

App Name: Smart Life, Tuya
Control Module Input: 100-250 VAC, 50 / 60Hz
Control Module Wireless Protocol: ZigBee 3.0 & LoraTap RF 868Mhz
Wireless Sensor Protocol: LoraTap RF 868Mhz
Wireless Sensor Control Distance: 15 meters
Battery Type: 1 * CR2032 Coin Battery (included in the sensor)
Max Load: 10A
Plastic Material: Fireproof ABS
Patented Design: Yes
Certification: CE, EMC, RED, RoHS
Produced by ISO9001 Factory: Yes

2 Likes

You can try this driver for a start :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/martinkura-svk/Hubitat/b63d4a6e9a21e1bfa5c92561bf241a6f31b30b44/Moes%20ZigBee%20Wall%20Switch

2 Likes

@oturn You are going to want a tilt sensor on the garage door (Recommend Ecolink) Also depending on your garage door opener, you may need a security 2.0 to dry contact adapter

Seems like the RF sensor is talking to the Zigbee module, so this device is returning two statuses back to HE: one called 'Door Contact' and the second 'Door Status'.

4 Likes

Nice, so it should be easy to add another ZigBee contact sensor to monitor "Fully Open" and this unit monitoring "Fully Closed" status.
Wonder what sort of repeater quality this LoraTap GDC311ZBQ1 device would have. :thinking:

1 Like

The funniest thing is that I know how to write the HE driver, but I don't understand how these garage door openers work! :smiling_face: So I am watching videos now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This driver appears to be working perfectly! The states are Off and On, and the RF sensor is properly updating Off and On when the magnet is moved. My garage door also opens and closes with the Off and On commands in Hubitat. I haven’t mounted the sensor just yet. Need to wait for the temperature in my garage to drop below 100. Ah summertime in FL. I’ll update later.

4 Likes

So you didn't even need the security 2.0 module, nice.

:crazy_face:
Just ordered one because... :man_shrugging:

Went to this AliExpress Store, popped up with an $8 coupon = CDN$22 shipped.

Now to come up with a use for it. :grin:

2 Likes

Same. USD$21.83 shipped. I'll find some use for it ....... nice find, thank you!

2 Likes

Ok I’ve mounted the magnetic RF sensor and it’s correctly registering on/off states when the garage door is manually opened. Control through Hubitat is good. At the moment everything appears to be working fine, but it will be a few days before I’ll know if all of my automations are working properly.

Now my wish list is getting the driver refined or customized. The current driver is named “Moes ZigBee Wall Switch 1/2/3-Gang”, so the device isn’t listed as a garage door opener. The commands are On / Off instead of Open / Close. It also has “Switch Backlight Mode” and “Switch Relay Mode” under preferences which aren’t needed. Am I looking a gift horse in the mouth, or is there any possibility of improving the driver?

1 Like

I believe the magnetic RF sensor performing the same function as the tilt sensor? And yes I’m glad the security module wasn’t needed, at least not for my garage door opener.

2 Likes

Absolutely! I’m really glad to bring it to everyone’s attention, and also happy the driver recommended has it functional. Also FYI this can also be found on eBay, which is where I purchased it. You guys are definitely finding better deals though! I paid $28.42. :laughing:

2 Likes

My plan is to customize this driver when I receive my unit. Maybe someone will do it before me :grin:

4 Likes

That will be an interesting project for you!

And you can count on my help.

1 Like

Awesome! Definitely looking forward to assisting where I can. Now if shipping from China were only quicker. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll need it for sure!!

1 Like