Mounting the Hubitat Elevation C7 hub?

For now, my hub is in my entertainment console in just about the middle of the house. It's an okay place for it, but I would rather not have it being knocked around when we take out / put away controllers, headsets and the like.

I've been thinking of using some 3M foam tape and mouting it to the bottom / inside of the console top, out of the way, and using some cable mounts on 3M foam tape to support the ethernet and Micro USB power cables. There's no vent holes on the top of the hub so heating shouldn't be an issue. I have 3x 120mm ball bearing computer fans blowing into the back of this console to keep my gaming consoles cool...

Has anyone else mounted their C7 hub or is it just accepted that the teeny tiny hub we have is just a desktop gizmo that takes up counter space and tangles with other stuff?

I'm just trying to be tidy about the arrangement here...

I'd be interested in this as well. I did a quick search and this guy makes some mounts that might work. It's for a c5.

Wall Mount

C-5 and C-7 have same dimensions. Depending on country, C-5 may have an external USB stick to support non-US Z-Wave.

1 Like

I mount my hubs behind my media cabinet on their side, with the vent holes exposed. They’ve been fine that way for >2 years. They’re not easy to observe or disturb.

The reported temperature ranges from 38-42C.

That's even better. How are you mounting? 3M tape or something else? I have alien tape as well. It seems to hold pretty good and doesn't seem to want to take the finish with it when you remove it.

I think command strips. I have three things mounted back there. Two Hubitats and one Caseta Pro bridge.

1 Like

Same here. I use the velco command strips for easy removal as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Command-Picture-Hanging-16-Pairs-PH204BLK-16ES/dp/B073XRDYF4/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=velcro+command+strips&qid=1617993474&sprefix=velco+co&sr=8-5

1 Like

Thanks all. I am going to go ahead and mount the HE hub to the back of the console.

That should help a LOT by getting it at least closer to open air in the house, and away from potentially ripping power out accidentally trying to put up the PS4 controller etc...

1 Like

It took me a while to get family away from the console the hub was in, but I finally got it mounted. Off of the switch in the console, and onto its own dedicated line back to the primary switch for the home network.

And more importantly the power supply is placed behind the console where it is extremely inconvenient, that way my wife doesn't unitentionally unplug the USB power from the hub to charge her phone.

She moved the Alien Tape to heaven only knows where, so I ended up using 3M white mounting tape. Not my ideal, but it works...
All in all, I should have set it up here to begin with.

1 Like

She will return it when you give her an outlet for charging her phone.

1 Like

There's 3 USB outlets in the console. She keeps putting the PS4 contoller onto the ones in the console forgetting to connect it direct to the PS4...

It's not an intentional malice, it is more of a techological uh, indifference. There is a charger, don't care what it is plugged into, I am gonna use it kind of thing...

So you think. It’s passive aggressive.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.