Motion/Temp/Humidity sensor

Any recommendations on what to purchase?

A lot of options, somewhat dependant on how often you need updates on temp and humidity. If you can power it via USB you can't go wrong with the Aeon Multi-Sensor 6, it works great on batteries too, but with limitations on the frequency of reporting. I doubt you will be able to find any left but the Iris Motion Sensor v3 (IL071) is also a good choice. Looks like you may be able to acquire them on ebay.

I love that little sensor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some have the Zooz 4 in 1 and report no issues.

All of NYCE's motion sensors include temp and humidity.

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell, I see Nyce has a ceiling mounted version of the motion sensors. Have you used these as well....if so do you recommend them....and how do they compare in response to the iris motion sensors?

2 Likes

Ah, that's who make those! I found this in a search, and liked the look of the motion sensor, but had never heard of them. Now that I know they're using NYCE ceiling motion sensors, I'm really interested too. Those are not too bad looking.

2 Likes

Five tears on two AAA batteries! Please tell me more!

1 Like

Yes, I have all of the NYCE motion devices in production.
Curtain, Regular and Ceiling.
They are as fast as the centraLite/Iris units.

3 Likes

Mike: Is the significant difference between the NYCE curtain motion (3045) and the regular motion (3041) just the field of view? I didn't get the "curtain" reference . . .

Yes, If you fetch the manuals for these they include the coverage areas

Yes. I couldn't tell if there was any other difference - I didn't see any. I really like the small size.

Thanks Mike. Is the 5 year battery life also accurate....assuming of course that you've had yours for years.

I cant verify that, they've only been online for 18 months, however in that same 18 months I've replaced plenty of other zigbee device batteries...

1 Like

Uh, DUH! I get it now - the narrow field of view allows you to set it up to detect anyone going through the "curtain" (i.e., breaking the plane). A little slow this morning.

1 Like

Where can you purchase these ?

Just to confirm. Does this require a custom driver or is it supported ?

Already supported, you wont see me recommending devices that aren't. I dont think we have a fingerprint for the hindge sensor.
A complete list of officially supported devices is here.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Supported_Devices

Thanks