Motion Sensor Rule Issue with Simple Automations

Since upgrading to 2.2.4.139 (I have since updated to 2.2.4.143) I am no longer able to trigger a light switch with a motion sensor. This all worked as expected in 2.2.3.148.

I have been triggering lights with Simple Automation Rules. This happens with two brands of motion sensors, one Samsung and one Linkind. The Samsung motion sensor is tied to a GE Zigbee switch and the Linkind is tied to a Lutron switch. Both sensors show active in Hubitat and both lights work from the hubitat interface. What’s is also strange is that the switch turn off when the motion is no longer detected, which is part of the rule.

Wondering if others have seen this or if people know how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Prospero

Try go into the simple automation app and hit done.

Should have called this out in my original post but I did try that.

Prospero

Simple Automations are fairly quick to rebuild. Did you try pausing either one of these and building a new identical rule?

I did. Did not fix the issue.

For some reason I was not looking in my logs, ugh, Seems to be getting an error related to the dimmer. I have the rule set to “Turn on and Set Level” In this state I get the following error,,,

app:9662020-11-19 07:32:40.202 pm error Office Lights | New|groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setTimeZone() is applicable for argument types: (sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="US/Pacific",offset=-28800000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=185,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=US/Pacific,offset=-28800000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=3,startMonth=2,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0,endMode=3,endMonth=10,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]]] on line 855 (motionHandler)
dev:3142020-11-19 07:32:40.140 pm infoOffice Motion Sensor is active

I changed it to just turn on and it works great! Would like the dimmer back so wondering if folks have sent that error?

Thanks again

Prospero

spoke too soon. This resolved the issue for the lutron switch but not the GE Switch . GE switch error is above, Lutron switch error follows...

dev:198 2020-11-19 07:30:54.861 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MethodSelectionException: Could not find which method setLevel() to invoke from this list:
public java.lang.Object lutronDimmer#setLevel(java.lang.Object)
public java.lang.Object lutronDimmer#setLevel(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) (setLevel)

Have the same issue. Motion detector with simple automation. If I set restriction, where the rule doesn't fire from 930pm to 730am, I get the following errors...if I set with no restrictions, it seems to work..I need restrictions since this is for bedroom. Errors to follow:

errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setTimeZone() is applicable for argument types: (sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="US/Central",offset=-21600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=235,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=US/Central,offset=-21600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=3,startMonth=2,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0,endMode=3,endMonth=10,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]]] on line 855 (motionHandler)

app:9102020-11-19 09:31:26.372 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setTimeZone() is applicable for argument types: (sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="US/Central",offset=-21600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=235,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=US/Central,offset=-21600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=3,startMonth=2,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0,endMode=3,endMonth=10,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]]] on line 855 (motionHandler)

app:9102020-11-19 09:31:17.928 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setTimeZone() is applicable for argument types: (sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="US/Central",offset=-21600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=235,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=US/Central,offset=-21600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=3,startMonth=2,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0,endMode=3,endMonth=10,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]]] on line 855 (motionHandler)

Interesting, the one that is working for me has no time restriction, the one that does not work has a time restriction. When I remove the time window (had to rebuild the rule as removing did not seem to work) the issue and error goes away.

This is a bug, new in 2.2.4 -- found and fixed. Will be fixed in an upcoming hot fix release. It does cause time restrictions to fail.

1 Like

ty!

I'm having the same problem with the latest firmware installed. Some lights are not turning off when they should. Do you have an ETA for the next hotfix release?

Soon.

new release fixed this for me.

now i have a problem where simple automation rules are not triggering groups at all although they claim to be.

i posted that over:

Hi. I set up a rule last night to turn my bedroom lights on triggered by an iris v3 motion sensor between the hours if 4 am-10pm.
The automation works fine in that it does indeed turn on the bedroom lights when motion is detected and turns off when motion is no longer detected. However it did not stop the rule at 10 so every time we turned over in bed the lights came on.
Also the three lights this rule is atrached to are 3 Phillups hue play bars and no matter what i tried the automation will not work with setting color except white. I will not work if i create the same rule and say set the lights to red.
Injust bought my c7 in December and upgraded the firmware when i got it.

Thanks can you advise

Please show the rule in question.

Im sorry i said rule in my post above i meant simple automation.
I will post a screenshot shot as soon as i get today

If you look at the automation it doesn’t show that i set times but i did

I think i got it. For whatever reason it didn’t save my start tine now it is showing

Ok it still isn’t working. It is still turning on the lights after 10pm !