Simple Automation Rules throwing groovy errors

I have a simple automation rule that Seems to not be working and is throwing groovy errors. I wondered if this is a FAQ.

The rule is simply trying to turn on a group at a particular time. The following error keeps showing up in the logs:

app:3002020-11-24 09:19:00.157 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setTimeZone() is applicable for argument types: (sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="US/Eastern",offset=-18000000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=235,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=US/Eastern,offset=-18000000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=3,startMonth=2,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0,endMode=3,endMonth=10,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]]] on line 855 (doAction)

I also note that since the update to 2.2.4.145 the simple automation rules web interface is almost unusable for specific times, since the text boxes for entering hours and minutes are too narrow to actually see the numbers. If you enter them on faith, though, they work out.

any pointers or suggestions for what to investigate??

Aha, this might be a new bug:

caused by time restrictions.

when i eliminate the day of the week restriction it works.

i guess i'll wait for a new release to fix this.

New release does seem to have fixed this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.