Motion mode and lighting app

Hi
MOtion mode and lighting app says my batroom is "not on not turning off" although its on. Reporting incorrectly. can we ha an option in the app that says "do turn off even its off" to get around these softwer mistakes please?
It already has a similar switch that says do turn on if its on,
It would be quite the opposite.

Thank you

That app is more or less deprecated so there won't be any feature changes made to it. Import the app instance into Room Lighting. RL and the old app both think they're in charge of the lights when the app is active, so if you do something to the lights while the app is active there can be a sync issue. RL has options that manage those conditions.

it was deprecated but it was brought back for the wish of many like me. I hate room lighting app over comlicated and looks awful.
thanks

1 Like

Dear Developers

I want the the motion mode and lghting app to developed and looked after.
Dont tell me use the other
I want this one
ThankYOu

1 Like

Are you meaning you want updates to the old (deprecated) Motion and Mode Lighting App, which has been replaced by Room Lighting?

I was about to ask if your request elsewhere was related to this topic. I'd suggest keeping the request contained to one topic....

1 Like

It was brought BACK and no said its deprecated since. Its part of the system apps.
If something thats OLD can be working and useful.
U are talking abouth a lot about being user friendly but that remains only on the TALK level.

It's only more complex if your scenario is more complex. Importing from the old app is a good way to see how the features translate. The documentation is pretty good these days.

1 Like

That's true, the Motion and Mode Lighting App was originally deprecated when the Room Lighting App was introduced then Motion and Mode Lighting was re-instated as a supported App. That being said, as a general user, I would suggest that the emphasis has still remained that, where possible, to move onto Room Lighting, with RL including an option to import an existing M&L App.

which looks horrid and not user friendly

very bad move
You should be lot more user friendly with nicer clearer user interfaces.

I don't think you would be alone in that sentiment, but I think many of those users have already moved passed that stage and enjoyed using RL for some time now.

My suggestion would be to continue to use M&L while it suits your needs, but, rather than request updates to the App, look to how similar improvements can be made to Room Lighting, given that is where development effort is focused.

That is true, but let's improve the interface that the developers are seeing as the future and wanting to improve over time, not an app they are willing to support, but not develop further...

I've come to appreciate most of the clickiness across the apps. There's reason for complexity in the Room Lighting app. People have use cases that are potentially complex, possibly like your issue. If you make basic choices you don't need to consider the added configuration options. If you've got a very basic motion scenario you can create a very simple rule the in Basic Rule app.

I suggest you import your old app into Room Lighting and post a screen shot of your issue. You'll get a lot of help figuring any issues out.

2 Likes

I should at least clarify my own comment to add that any existing App that can be installed is (I expect) supported by the Hubitat staff. Apps can be deprecated at times, but their use and the ability to continue to use deprecated Apps continues....

i tried the wat back and they wasnt working

Post a picture of the app. Tell us what you want it to do. Tell us where you think the app is not working. I can almost guarantee you can get the Room Lighting app configured to work as you expect.

1 Like

Great start. It has imported al rules twice. Nice job.

I agree this is a good chance to post a screenshot of what are trying to describe.

Man, you are killing me. Post a picture. Explain what you want and where the app fails. If you imported twice, delete one. This is really not that hard. The Room Lighting app works. I have my own windmills that I tilt against, but I try to move on when I see that it's counterproductive to me getting done what I want to get done.

4 Likes