Motion lighting, what am I doing wrong

Based on these settings, if the lights come on with motion and then I adjust the dimmer level, should they not stay on indefinitely afterwards?

My understanding is that "override for automation" suspend shouldn't turn the lights off with motion inactivity if you manually adjust the level, but there have been so many options added to this app and the docs aren't super-clear, so I could be wrong (but here's one of few posts I could find on it?).

Regardless, one thing you could try is this: turn on logging for this app, then keep live logs open (or view past logs shortly thereafter) to see what the app thinks it should be doing versus what you think should be happening as real events happen on your system. Perhaps one of your devices isn't reporting properly, or maybe there's a bug in the app (or again, maybe none of us know what both of these options are supposed to do).

THanks for your reply. I think you're right, there may be a deeper issue as I checked the logs and it simply just says the lights turned off, no rhyme or reason. Also seems to randomly happen. Sometimes they stay on and sometimes they don't and when they turn off, it seems random...

Do you have any other automations configured for these lights? The live or past logs might help you see (if the relevant app has logging enabled, something would likely show up for it around the same time), but otherwise the "In Use By" section on the page for the device would be a good place to check.

These are the other automations associated with the lights in question, none of them would have been the reason they turned off from what I can tell and again the log just says the lights turned off, I don't see anything around the same time that looks related.