Motion detector stuck on active

My iris v1 motion sensor’s status is stuck on active. There is no way to reset this state. How can I reset it?

This app will let you set it back to inactive, but if it continues to get stuck might check the battery. (even though it says 100%)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/apps/forceClose.groovy

4 Likes

Wow.
I have the same problem periodically.
Iris V2's.
This is a work of art, allowing me to get on with life till I can change a battery!
I hate to admit it, the first indication of a stuck motion sensor is walking in the room for the 2nd or 3rd time, to realize that automations in that room are thinking I am still there!
"Switches?, We don't need no stinking switches!"
Not sure if I remember where they are...

Oops, forgot Thank you.

1 Like

I’m having trouble installing it now that there is the new hubitat package manager. I haven’t installed anything in a while. It is asking for the .json file.

Don’t think I ever put that one into HPM. Easiet way to install would be to go to Apps Code, and create a new app, then click on the import button and paste in the link I posted above. Save, and the go to the Apps section and install a new User App.

2 Likes

I recently had a similar issue with a multisenor6, was stuck in active for a whole day. Rebooted HUB and did a Z-wave repair, didnt work. Issue resolved itself next time it saw motion (mailman) then went back to inactive and working normally.

1 Like

Steps to install a custom driver or app - same steps for both, but you go to the Apps Code tab in HE to do an app install:

Getting stuck like you have is sometimes the beginning of the end (or already the end) if it keeps doing that, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I do not see the apps code anymore. I’ve looked everywhere.

Click on the Double Arrow on Advanced on the side menu

3 Likes

Thank you! I thought I had lost those buttons. I added the app, and that fixed it.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the help you have provided me. I love the Hubitat community, and the quickness of which everyone responds to any issues you might have with your setup. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Download the Hubitat app