Most Popular Switches and Dimmers elevated by Hubitat in 2021

Oh man only one choice when I have Enbrighten/Jasco, Z-Wave, Inovelli's Z-Wave and now testing Enbrighten Zigbee. But my vote is for:

My Peanut Plugs! Still doing well after all these years extending my Zigbee where no Zigbee has gone before

Now let the battle begin.

3 Likes

I'd also add that switches made accessible through Google Home has also been reliable for me, whether they be changes in mode or virtual switches for initiating rules for my TV....

I must be the only one having good luck with the Leviton DZ6HD dimmer and DZ15S Z-Wave products. With the exception of an occasional hang when I needed to lift the dimmer bar to reset, they have been quite reliable in multiple HE locations I manage.

3 Likes

I think it’s hard to beat the Inovelli switch here. 11 buttons, smart bulb mode, and the RGB led notifier is everything you could want.

5 Likes

I have about 15 of the Leviton DZ6HD and DZ15S that are about 2-3 years old. In that time I also had a couple of each hang up where I had to reset them by the air gap switch or breaker. By hanging up I mean the relay would get stuck and you could not turn the light on or off. A couple of them started hanging up to the point that I had to replace them. I did replace them with Zooz. I have not had any other problems with the remainder of the Leviton switches/dimmers since that time .... Knock on wood.

I have had no problems with my Leviton dimmers since getting them all on firmware 1.2 (back when I was still on SmartThings. I really like the separate toggle for dimming and the visual display of the level. I do wish the built in DZ6HD driver reported physical/digital presses correctly. I have to use the generic smart Z-Wave dimmer driver.

I also love my Inovelli fan/light switches. Those are great.

Kasa switches dirt cheap and community support.

3 Likes

I would suspect that many people, like me, started with Wink used them as they were supported natively on Wink. They are also really nice switches, are very well made, and have a great feel working them manually. Their only real drawback for me is their cost especially if you have multiway switches. Most of the devices I've bought since moving to Hubitat are Inovelli and I like them as well.

2 Likes

Samotech SM323 for us UK non neutral folks👍

1 Like

I only have Lutron Caseta switches and they have operated flawlessly for me for the past 4 years. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

tank GIF

@ronv42 I have the GE Zigbee Enbrighten switches and HATE then. They are terribly inconsistent and flakey. I have 3-6 a week that drop off the mesh. I wouldn't bother.

Last in the series will be the battle of repeaters! Keep an eye on the Year in Review :wink:

2 Likes

Haven't see that behavior, purchased a boat load (20) of them from Costco when they had the Honeywell branded ones on their site. Working great so far where I installed them for a client.

1 Like

The two GE/Jasco Zigbee devices I have, one a switch and the other a dimmer both reside in my kitchen. Both have been solid performers. I can't say that I have had any problem with either one.

Other dimmers are the 3A Smart Home 110-240V Smart ZigBee Light Dimmer Switch that I have installed to control the lights in the two ceiling fans. Since these install in the cover, I use a combination of motion sensors and AduroSmart ERIA Smart Wireless Dimming Switches to control automatic or manual operation of the dimmers.

I am using them for all bathroom fan switches (personally and for my clients) and have not had any issues to report so far - it's been about 2 years or so. I think the older GE switches were not good but the newer ones with the lower profile ("QuickFit") work well. I have not used the dimmers though. Also the GE/Jasco Zigbee switches are reported to be decent.. Also reported from these threads the customer support is great. Again I have not had to use their support so cannot say personally.

1 Like

My experience is the opposite. Had dimming problems with the newer versions than older version, and ramp rate is not adjustable. I didn't have mesh problems, with either the new or old versions, though.

1 Like

big fan of the homeseer 200 series.. individual leds for notification.. really solid switches.. still clicks like new 3 years later

That is interesting thanks!

I have not used GE dimmers at all preferring Zooz or Inovelli. Also (generally) use the "toggle" style switches which I dunno if that really makes a difference or not.. mechanically slightly different I guess.

2 Likes

I have 3 Inovelli's, 31 Leviton Switches/Dimmers/Outlets, and 2 RGBGenie Driver Dimmers all Z-Wave Plus.

Most of the Leviton's are fine but there a few especially ones close to the Hub that seem to lose their status regularly. Those switches seem to have a lot of route changes. I have a number of 4 gang boxes and I wonder if they noise each other out.

My hub is on a shelf with a lot of other networking stuff and I am in the process of moving it and doing an antenna install to see if that cures things.

I am pretty close to doing a Lutron Caseta switchover but that will be pretty expensive and I really HATE their form factor but everybody says they are rock solid.