Morning automation

getting closer

1 Like

these variables you have started teaching me sound very exciting, I guess almost everything is possible with this. I will keep playing, sick in bed with covid at the moment. so have some spare time when I can keep myself awake. When and if I can tidy this up to look and sound better I think a automation to say hello when entering might be cool, I bet it can be done so it recognises different people as long as they our in the Hubitat home

2 Likes

I've had Covid and it sucks (aside from being vaxxed and boosted, I was on Pavlovix and it still sucked) Feel better! Ask questions! Far more knowledgeable people in here than I can help you complete this! Ask lots and lots of questions! Oh and think about getting a Weatherflow Tempest :wink:

2 Likes

would you mind helping me with another Automation please, just say how many beer you need

What are you trying to do?

You can do this with the Multi-Place app

From the description:
Automate based on current traffic conditions.
Before you typically leave for a certain destination, like work or school, Multi-Place checks traffic conditions for you. Set up Multi-Place to turn on a switch or notify you with a push notification if traffic is bad and you need to leave X minutes earlier than usual. Or, configure Multi-Place to just discretely display that information on your dashboard only when necessary, so as to keep your dashboard clean and not interrupt you otherwise. Multi-Place stays aprised of traffic conditions shortly before and throughout the window of time that you typically depart for your destination, so you don't have to worry about missing a traffic update.

1 Like

I think I have someone who is good helping me now, will definitely ask for your help in future if ok I love the morning rule, and have seen your chats where you have done some crazy complicated rules very impressive. Do I owe you any beers for the morning rule you gave me

thank you that sounds great I will give this a look

I have been having a good go at this, I have google api Access, but I can't see life 360 or the sleep mat, does the withings and the 360 integrations all have to be the same email or something ? do I need to link them to google somehow?

Withings integration is done through hubitat using the integration available in Hubitat Package Manager. Life 360 integration is built in to hubitat. Go to apps, add built in app. With withings you will create the device from the integration then use one of it's attributes as the trigger. Same with life 360

I have these both and they seem to be working

1 Like

I guess I misunderstood what you're trying to do then.

I can't add life 360 or withings to the multi-place thing

Use combined presence from Hubitat Package Manager.

I got it do I need to make a virtual switch, can this be used in mutilplace? how about life 360?

You can use the app to trigger the virtual switch which would trigger a rule if that's what you're asking

still trying to get multiplace working, I think there is something wrong with the api key as can't get life 360 with stats working I have the withings sleep mat on there now for some reason? I had already set up a virtual switch on Your recommendation, for the sleep mat and that works great in automations. What does multi place actually do and is it worth spending the time to get it working?

I need your expertise on this next Automation I would like if possible please .
I have every withings toy there is now and was hoping that I could get a Automation that will check her water level and get the speaker to tell her to drink more, trouble is the water level will only be checked once in the morning when she uses her scales so not sure if it should be like a hourly reminder for the whole day until she uses the scales again
also would like the same type of thing for her heart rate with a message to get her to sit down.
she works too hard and is old and forgets to drink and had 3 strokes last year so would like to help if it would be beneficial to her health

do I need to start in a similar way as the morning Automation by making a couple of variables?

would it be possible for you have a look at this for me to see if its possible please

I'm not the one to ask for something like that. The other thread you started should attract a lot of help though...