Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor, Temperature - Humidity - Light

This Device is on the compatibility list.

I can't get this Monoprice 4in1 sensor (15902) to pair either. Did discover there is a reset on the bottom that requires a really small pin to depress. After reset it will blink 5 times indicating it is ready to pair but then nothing. Even trying to exclude it after reset doesn't work. Also tried the All secure Z-wave option suggested.

any other suggestions?

Try to pair it while a foot or two from the hub.

Thanks - that did the trick. Did a exclusion and then reset and it finally found it. Several times it would find the sensor but hang on initializing. Very picky sensors!

I know this is an aged thread, like to get any comments about this. Thanks,

I just got 15902 no problem pairing it; but can not get any status update after pairing. From the event logs, it shows only the Resync All, but no response from the sensor; tried reset the sensor, and exclusion Z-wave multiple times, It was the same, no response; may be bad sensor device ?

It took a while but mine as able was able to sync. It’s just that I don’t have any motion detection. The temp and humidity works. I’m just using the default Zooz 4 in 1 device. Not sure if there are any other drivers that might work better? Or any one getting the motion detection to work?

I tried it quite a few times to pair it, and no success, reset sensor, exclude zwave device, restart hubitat. I tried it with my Raspberry Pi Home Assistant gateway. To my surprise, it paired in non secure mode the 1st time, got all 4 sensors info, so no problem with the sensor. The HA zwave debug log shows details message exchange between the controller and the sensor, which is very helpful to see if there were no-response, error response, etc. Is there any zwave debug info that I can turn on to help diagnostic this ?

I got one of those as well. It takes A LOT of patience to pair. I ended-up pairing, then unpairing, then pairing again, then doing both at the same time... It would unpair very quickly. It would also find it relatively quickly, but it seemed to just hand at Initializing... Very annoying! Now to see how well it works...

No luck here either. It seems like everything related to hubitat has to be difficult.

I'm running into this myself. I can get it to pair, and it automatically defaults to the Zooz 4-in-1 driver, but the motion reports "active" and never changes.

So, it is actually working with the Zooz 4-1 driver... the issue was that the motion re-trigger option has different values depending on your firmware. One of the settings is 15 MINUTES or 15 SECONDS depending upon the firmware version. My firmware was 5.1, which interpreted that setting as Minutes. Once I changed it to 1 minute and pushed the button to resync it started reporting active/inactive more reliably.

1 Like

This thing is reliable once properly configured. . . It loves falling asleep or hanging up on mixed messaging, or something; at least until it is happily configured in the network. The sensor itself reports by flashing after the press: once upon initializing, and again after a few seconds to indicate it is done - or giving up. I found best practice to press the pinhole button every 10-15 seconds; or after flashing the second round, until properly synced/included/configured with the hub. In a few instances, mine was flashing 5 times even after it was purportedly configured in the hub; the sensor didn't believe itself to be properly configured and was not reporting sensor data. I had to exclude, reset, and try inclusion again until during inclusion - which has to be like one foot from the device - both the hub was done/ready to name device, and the device reported back with just the single flash. It was still dropping sensor reports or not reporting motion or illuminance reliably, losing packets in the network, falling asleep, idk. I did the same thing (~press every 15 seconds) during ZWave repair sequence and now it is working brilliantly.

I got a couple 15902 to pair properly (firmware 5.1, secured connection). I can change settings and get them sync'd (syncStatus = synced).

My issue is that it reports temp/humidity/luminance every 3 minutes no matter which trigger settings combination I use, even with temp change trigger set to 9F, light change trigger to 50% and humidity change trigger to 50%.

This drains the batteries in no times... What can I do to change this 3 minutes automatic report?

You can change the parameters.

I am using the Zooz 4-in-1 driver (as per HE compatibility list reco). I don't see this parameter:

What am I missing?

Sorry about the short answer. Forgot you will need this driver to change the parameters. Thought it was part of a C7 hub which I don't have

Thanks! I think I understand how to use this driver but perhaps it's not fully compatible with a C7 hub. The only get command that seems to work is GetParameter and it throws an error after a while:

Perhaps the set command is the only we need anyway.

So the only way to find the parameters will be in the vendor doc, there is no parameter controlling the 3 minutes automatic report. The closest I found is:

Looking at the LED mode
=> setting the LED mode to off (paramater7 = 1) does not prevent the 3 minutes automatic report generation unfortunately.

I have the same behavior on all my 15902 sensors so it's not an isolated defect. I am out of luck so it seems. Thanks @Navat604, at least I've learned a few things today with your help.

It should work with the C-7 and S2 (if you grabbed the code any time in the last year or so, at least). The error you see is likely just a result of the "Get Parameter" command iterating over all possible parameter numbers, regardless of how many the device actually supports. You can provide a parameter number as a parameter to this command to just retrieve the value of a specific parameter you're interested in, which I'd generally recommend.

Did you make sure the device was awake before you sent the command? The Basic Z-Wave Tool doesn't wait for a wakeup, so if it's not awake when the command is sent, it will probably just get lost in a short amount of time. (I don't remember the wakeup procedure for this device, but it might be opening the cover or pressing a button; the manual should say if you can find it.)

This would apply to a "set" or "get," though it appears you woke it before the "get" since it was actually retrieving the values. Just thought it was worth mentioning!

Thanks for the clarification. All good then.

I think I did right, as far as I can tell with the config report:

To apply the settings / wake the device, we need to press the button at the bottom of the device with paperclip.

Thanks for looking into this!