Monoprice PIR Motion Sensor with Temperature

I installed the Monoprice PIR Motion Sensor with Temperature Using the Generic Z-wave motion sensor and temperature driver. I need to adjust the sensitivity of the device but the driver does not allow this. The sensitivity adjustment needs to be supplied by the driver code which the generic driver does not provide. The data sheet states the Configuration PIR Sensitivity uses 1 byte and has a value of 1-7. Default is 4 which is too high. The Device page only has adjustment for Temperature offset. Any help appreciated..

Here's my suggestion: for simple, one-off changes like this where you already know the Z-Wave parameter number, size (bytes), and your desired value, use the Basic Z-Wave Tool. It's a driver you can install under "Drivers Code" in the admin UI, then temporarily switch the device to it, make your changes (use the "Set Parameter" command in this tool and provide the three values you need), and then switch back to the regular driver. Then, you don't have to worry about a custom driver just for this (or other Z-Wave devices) when all you want to do is change a parameter. If you aren't familiar with installing/using custom code or have questions about how to use this particular tool, feel free to ask!

PS - If that's the Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Sensor (PID 15271), that manual is incredibly hard to find except in-box, which I have long since lost (I e-mailed their support once and they said they didn't have an electronic version). Assuming you do have an electronic copy, if there's any way you could share where you got it or upload it somewhere, lots of people--or maybe just myself--would be quite grateful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you were make the driver?
I'm having problems getting the motion sensor working, only the temperature part works,
strangely the motion works if I use the generic driver for zwave motion, without temperature, but my Sensor is 15271, which should support both features.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi mrandy, I see you deleted your post, but yes, the driver seems to be fixed and works fine for me now. thanks

1 Like