Mode Manager still not working as expected

I am still having issues with Mode Manager changing from "Away" mode to "Daytime" mode when I am away. Away works properly when I leave, but when the time of day comes to change to "Daytime" mode it triggers to "Daytime" even when I am still away, and even though I have "Modes to ignore time changes "Away"" set.

I had this issue over a year ago and never resolved the problem.

Continuing the discussion from Mode changing when away:

I know that my hub is detecting me being away because I have tiles on my dashboard that I can check when I am away from my home that confirms that the Hub see's me and my wife as "Away"

As you can see, the hub detect's me and my wife as away, yet the mode changed to "Day" mode.

The first thing I'd try is re-creating this setup in Mode Manager "2.0" (the current Mode Manager), as you are using Mode Manager Legacy, and it is unlikely to receive future development at this point. Your setup looks simple enough that you can probably re-create it manually, but there's also an option to import. Be sure to delete or disable the old Mode Manager instance before testing the new one if you take the first option (an import will "pause" the old setup automatically; and in either case, you can export the Legacy instance from the App Status page first if you want to keep a backup just in case, or do a whole hub backup).

If the problem persists, I would keep logging for the app enabled, see if there are any clues there, and share them here. Otherwise, it's possible some problem was addressed in the transition.

1 Like

Thanks,

I set things up in the new Mode Manager "2.0". I haven't created new rules in a while. I just created a new motion rule in the new Rule Manager app for the first time last week. It looks like things are designed to be simpler, but the new look is kind of throwing me off. Hopefully I created the new rules correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.