Mode changing when away

Bump

Help! Anyone?

Have you tried this?

Go into the "based on time of day" menu and scroll down to the very bottom. There should be a drop-down that says "Select mode to ignore time changes". Choose away mode and save.

I already selected “away” as a mode to ignore time changes.

@BrandonT - apparently Rule Manager (RM) works on events, not conditions (Rule for when ALL phones leave, not any phones leave - #4 by bravenel). You had mentioned being on vacation for >1 day. Perhaps RM didn't detect a "leave" event? Enable logging on everything.

Also, how are you connecting to your hub from remote? The Hubitat Remote Admin, or your own VPN? If the latter, do you have any presence sensors that are based on IP? Because if you use your own remote access VPN, your phone essentially is on the same LAN as the hub and perhaps something thinks you're home when you connect to it?

1 Like

What do you mean by "enable logging on everything"? On every device and app? That's a lot!
I am not remote accessing my hub outside of the Hubitat app via the dashboards. I do not have a VPN set up.
I'll have to check more on the Rule you linked to, but I'm not using RM for this, I'm setting the mode based on both phones leaving. There is an option for that in the Mode Manager App.

Did you ever get this to work?
I'm using a combination of presence sensors and the phones and Mode Manager is still ignoring the Don't change to Day / Night based on Sunrise/Sunset when set to Away.